Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #461
dabra_dmp
Machine War
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Darn this case is really tempting
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...56&mode=retail
But Airachnid >< and I already have two Wheeljack and I'm already getting the Dark Energon set... and my budget is a little bit strained lately :/

But I swear if that's still at that price after the Christmas season I'm totally springin' for it!

You forgot HFTD Seaspray!
Hey I'm in for a vehicon
Old 11-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #462
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Look at it this way, you get 8 figures for 77 bucks. That's a little under 10 bucks a figure. If you price a carded Wheeljack for 5 bucks on the boards, I am sure someone will snag it (not to mention the Vehicon for 10-15 will also fly). Either way your still getting everything at 10-12 bucks each after that balances, which is GREAT considering you will going to floor that shit in retail with Quebec taxes originally at almost 20 bucks each.

You gotta think like a Protoman

I know you're right, but still I've been dropping lots of money on Beast Saga lately... maybe I should actually spend that money on Christmas gifts instead of on another set of toys for myself ya know?
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #463
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Look at it this way, you get 8 figures for 77 bucks. That's a little under 10 bucks a figure. If you price a carded Wheeljack for 5 bucks on the boards, I am sure someone will snag it (not to mention the Vehicon for 10-15 will also fly). Either way your still getting everything at 10-12 bucks each after that balances, which is GREAT considering you will going to floor that shit in retail with Quebec taxes originally at almost 20 bucks each.

You gotta think like a Protoman
You forgot to calculate shipping (cheapest option is $14.50) plus customs... More like at least $13 each.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #464
dabra_dmp
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
You forgot to calculate shipping (cheapest option is $14.50) plus customs... More like at least $13 each.
I recently received TFPrime FE Optimus and bulkhead and I had no customs to pay. So maybe he'll have no customs fee.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #465
Undrave
Canadian Slag

The only time I had to pay customs was when I went with expedited shipping so I'm never doing that again.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #466
Pascal
Banned

You don't pay customs with BBTS for sub-$50 orders, but more than that you get hit pretty much every time.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #467
Protoman
The Legend

So far I only got hit with customs from BBTS when I did big $100+ orders, but small stuff (like a single carded figure for $29.99 not TF-related) didn't get hit.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #468
Undrave
Canadian Slag

My previous order of Beast Saga was worth 105 or so and I didn't get hit by customs.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #469
xelement24x
Generation 2

I didnt get hit for a 110$ order from bbts. Also, for Tfsource i bought stuff 200$+ and didnt get hit either.... i prefer bbts but maybe tfsource is a good option for expensive merch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
In a Deluxe/Scout/Larger scale we're still waiting on a Trailbreaker, Hoist, Skids, Brawn, Gears, Huffer, Seaspray, Cosmos, Beachcomber. We also don't have any Dinobots besides Grimlock
Ive done a lot of extensive research on this cause im trying to recreate the G1 line with only modern versions. So far Brawn and beachcomber can be substituted by the ROTF line. Cosmos saw a universe release, but its pretty pricy. Seaspray, as mentioned got a HTFD release. The one's we are still missing but have 3rd party releases is huffer, soon to be Pipes and Gears, etc.

Here's a list of stuff that didnt recieve hasbro nor 3rd party toys. Blitswing, trypticon (i wouldnt change him anyday), fort max, metroplex, tailgate, devcon, skylinx, predaking, steeljaw, ramhorn, slugfest, eject, rewind, sharkticon and most combiners ......so ya they're pretty close to done. we also got the target, head and micro masters coming too =)

Last edited by xelement24x; 11-24-2012 at 01:05 AM.
xelement24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:55 AM   #470
Pascal
Banned

TFsource is definitely safer. It's even safer to buy from HK or Japan or UK. I try to avoid BBTS as much as humanly possible.