Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #371
gericault
Beast Machine
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Huh, so I wonder why two of the twist ties were cut. Weird. Anyway, I'm just glad I finally have Dreadwing!
Cool fig. A bit fiddly in transforming to alt mode, but I like him!
gericault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #372
xelement24x
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gericault View Post
Huh, so I wonder why two of the twist ties were cut. Weird. Anyway, I'm just glad I finally have Dreadwing!
Cool fig. A bit fiddly in transforming to alt mode, but I like him!
I still cant turn his damn head
xelement24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #373
Jazz227
Arielbot
Jazz227's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelement24x View Post
I still cant turn his damn head
i got mine to turn took a while but it came around

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef2130 View Post
i whent to toycon sunday and i bot
a transformers masterpice sideswipe but the toy whas defective the pient whas horrible and it has bobles
and i contacted the guy who sold it to me but he dint whant to exchange it so it whas the last time that im going to toycon and the companie is Stop4toys and the guy name is Victor dont buy from him if you dont whant to be scroud
i also have been dealing with Victor, for about a year now. and it's weird that something like this happened. maybe call up the manufacture and figure something out.

What's for sale! http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64559

MY Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...858#post436858

My Ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/atomiccomicsa...1&_ipg=&_from=

Gaming:
Playstation: XxZombi3-KillaxX
Xbox- l HammerForge l
Steam- The Man From The Internet
Jazz227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #374
SMOG
zombicon

Call up Takara? Good luck with that.

My Dreadwing's head turns, but it took some force to accomplish it.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #375
Jazz227
Arielbot
Jazz227's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
Call up Takara? Good luck with that.

My Dreadwing's head turns, but it took some force to accomplish it.

zmog

just a bit of fo..... OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! nah jk everything's good haha

What's for sale! http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64559

MY Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...858#post436858

My Ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/atomiccomicsa...1&_ipg=&_from=

Gaming:
Playstation: XxZombi3-KillaxX
Xbox- l HammerForge l
Steam- The Man From The Internet
Jazz227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #376
stef2130
Generation 2
stef2130's Ebay Auctions

he is the vender
he should give me at lesse a replacement
becose i am a costermer
like if i go to bestbuy for example and the product is deffective like mine is they will give a replancement
so i lost confidents in that seller and this site and the othe site that he is on and i am never going to toycon or tfcon
i am buyng my stuf from only retailers that i no can replace the product or at lesse guive me a litel of my monye back
o and buy the way he whanted me to buy a other one ya like that going to happen so dont buy fromme him
stef2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #377
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher

Your grammar makes it incredibly difficult to read your post. Just go through your post at least once and correct a few spelling mistakes.

I wouldn't get discouraged, I honestly love the show for what it is. You get to bump into a ton of fellow collectors and fans and have a good time. Now I won't pass judgement on said vendor but there's a lot of other vendors to see who are incredibly fair, just, polite and fun. Daniel/Protoman is a prime example. So if Victor has infuriated you, just move on to others. We all have our opinions and I can see your point but don't hate on the entire show.

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #378
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
he is the vender
becose i am a costermer
like if i go to bestbuy for example and the product is deffective like mine is they will give a replancement
so i lost confidents in that seller and this site and the othe site that he is on and i am never going to toycon or tfcon
i am buyng my stuf from only retailers that i no can replace the product or at lesse guive me a litel of my monye back
o and buy the way he whanted me to buy a other one ya like that going to happen so dont buy fromme him
Wtf?
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #379
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
he is the vender
becose i am a costermer
I won't comment on your spelling... you seem to be spelling phonetically, so I assume that English is not your first language. It doesn't matter, because I understand what you're saying, but most of us here also speak french, in case that makes it easier for you.

I have a few comments:

I agree that Victor should make some effort to fix the situation, but I don't really think he could do anything more than allow you to return the defective Sideswipe for a refund. As long as it is still in perfectly new condition, and it is genuinely defective, I think it's fair to expect him to do that much. But you also have to understand the position that puts him in... he is also a customer, and then he would have a defective Sideswipe he can't easily sell. He would then have to try and get a return/refund from whoever he got it from... and over long distances like that (since it came from Asia) the shipping costs would be high enough to make that costly. He is in a position where he would lose money as well.

What does your problem with an individual seller have to do with Toycon, TFcon or this website?? This site and Toycon are not responsible for Victor or you. We're all just fans like you. I don't really see a connection there.

You absolutely cannot compare a private seller to a large corporate store like Best Buy. Those stores have tons of stock on hand, and returns/refunds are part of their budget. They can afford that kind of service because they have the buying power of a large company and pay very little for their products.

By comparison, Victor's business is something I think he operates in his spare time. I don't think he even has a physical store (does he?). Small sellers like that don't buy in large quantities and probably don't get wholesale pricing, especially on imports that come all the way from Japan (or more likely, China).

It sounds like your expectations are not realistic or reasonable to begin with.

If you'd rather deal with larger retailers, I understand that. By conducting deals here on the forum or at Toycon, you can sometimes get deals you wouldn't find elsewhere. However, if you bought from Victor (whose prices are quite high) you might as well buy from one of the big online stores. They will be better able to grant replacements in case of defective items. But you probably won't be able to find items like MP Sideswipe in regular big stores. You'll still have to go to a specialized retailer, probably online.

zmog

Last edited by SMOG; 11-09-2012 at 04:41 AM.
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #380
herooftheday316
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
I agree that Victor should make some effort to fix the situation, but I don't really think he could do anything more than allow you to return the defective Sideswipe for a refund. As long as it is still in perfectly new condition, and it is genuinely defective, I think it's fair to expect him to do that much. But you also have to understand the position that puts him in... he is also a customer, and then he would have a defective Sideswipe he can't easily sell. He would then have to try and get a return/refund from whoever he got it from... and over long distances like that (since it came from Asia) the shipping costs would be high enough to make that costly. He is in a position where he would lose money as well.
To be honest, I don't agree with this is in this case. Although it may not be his "full time" job he does it quite often and he is at the ToyCons all the time selling things at, sorry to say, pretty insane prices. I think the "he doesn't want to lose money" thing only really applies if your friend buys you one and it happens to be defective. When you run a "business" and start making enough money on it you have to assume some loss. It's not fair for all of his customers to have to assume all the risk. I believe he has crossed the line between casual sales guy and seller who should assume responsibility.

On the other hand... to discount a whole convention... and another one... and a website... because a guy who sometimes comes on her sold you something you didn't like is a little sad.

-Mike