Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #471
Fab
Generation 1
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

After reading about multiple people getting charged the "cancellation fee" after HE cancelled their pre-orders because of a dispute on another order, I decided to call Visa and ask to refund the $20 he took from me (see my previous post).

Expecting another nasty email in 3, 2, 1...
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:15 PM   #472
Robbler
Machine War

Still haven't heard from this guy about cancelling my order. Wondering if I should just open a dispute with paypal or give it another week.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:34 PM   #473
Fab
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbler View Post
Still haven't heard from this guy about cancelling my order. Wondering if I should just open a dispute with paypal or give it another week.
When did you contact him?

I first tried to get updates via the support system. Not getting replies apart from "we don't know", I contacted him via FB Messenger.
He told me:
- FB messenger is not the proper channel (fair)
- NOT to use the support system (what's the point of having a ticket system then??)
- to send an email to support@nmctoys.ca (let's try)

So I closed the ticket commenting that I would get in touch by email (they acknowledged the ticket being closed).
Then I sent the email asking to cancel the order ("Please kindly confirm the reception and subsequent process of my cancellation and refund requests."). I had added a tracker to the email, so I know "someone" read it the day after, but received no reply in a week. A week after I sent a follow up (same thread, as per his request) advising that I would be forced to contact my CC if I didn't receive any updates (a "We are working/evaluating your request" would have sufficed). No reply, so 2 days after I started the dispute. I received "Your request has been received and is being reviewed" the subsequent day and, when he realized I actually did start the dispute, the angry emails started pouring in.

Last edited by Fab; 05-07-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:44 PM   #474
Robbler
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
When did you contact him?

I first tried to get updates via the support system. Not getting replies apart from "we don't know", I contacted him via FB Messenger.
He told me:
- FB messenger is not the proper channel (fair)
- NOT to use the support system (what's the point of having a ticket system then??)
- to send an email to support@nmctoys.ca (let's try)

So I closed the ticket commenting that I would get in touch by email (they acknowledged the ticket being closed).
Then I sent the email asking to cancel the order ("Please kindly confirm the reception and subsequent process of my cancellation and refund requests."). I had added a tracker to the email, so I know "someone" read it the day after, but received no reply in a week. A week after I sent a follow up (same thread, as per his request) advising that I would be forced to contact my CC if I didn't receive any updates (a "We are working/evaluating your request" would have sufficed). No reply, so 2 days after I started the dispute. I received "Your request has been received and is being reviewed" the subsequent day and, when he realized I actually did start the dispute, the angry emails started pouring in.
I sent him one Sunday night I think? Maybe early Monday morning. Maybe I should send a follow up first.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #475
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Sure if you want to be verbally abused... just go to your credit card. Put him on ignore.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:02 PM   #476
Fab
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Sure if you want to be verbally abused... just go to your credit card. Put him on ignore.
Quote:
I sent him one Sunday night I think? Maybe early Monday morning. Maybe I should send a follow up first.
I would say, unless you are very close to the end of the 180 days window with Paypal/or other deadline, a follow up could also be used to demonstrate to your CC company that you were willing to resolve the issue amicably
Old 05-07-2021, 06:01 PM   #477
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Give him a week. Send a follow up. As long as you're not close to your cut off date with Paypal or your CC.

The more evidence you can provide that you tried to work it out the easier it will be to get your money back.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:27 AM   #478
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Man it’s been a riot reading these with my wife

Thing is though, she’s starting to see NMC ads on her Facebook now! Wonder if it’s because we followed the links to the BBB reviews, and the reddit thread?
And now the algorithm is like “here’s something you are clearly interested in”

damn it
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:33 AM   #479
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Man it’s been a riot reading these with my wife

Thing is though, she’s starting to see NMC ads on her Facebook now! Wonder if it’s because we followed the links to the BBB reviews, and the reddit thread?
And now the algorithm is like “here’s something you are clearly interested in”

damn it
I’ve been getting his ad a lot too. I think it’s targetted based on the toy collector groups that I’m in.

I’m also addicted to this thread
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 03:24 AM   #480
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I don't know if this was you guys from a while ago, LOL:

https://www.tantivexi.com/t2519-watc...n-collectibles
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote