Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #21
Deception
Crossover
Re: Would you prefer Takara do Megatron or Shockwave next in their masterpiece line?

all hail megatron
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #22
Pgianos
Banned
Re: Would you prefer Takara do Megatron or Shockwave next in their masterpiece line?

Quakewave is the best transformer toy pound for pound, dollar for dollar ever made.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #23
NeoMatter
Generation 1

I'm one of those that can't see Megatron as a gun anymore. Back then, yeah, nice. But now, it's more like... really?

I'm probably in the minority who prefers him as a tank able to dish out and receive punishment. Now that's more badass than a gun... Or at least to me...

I would prefer a Galvatron at this point.
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #24
steamwhistle
Crossover

To answer the original question, of the two, I'd like Shockwave.

To continue with TFs I'd like to see, I'd like the Decepticon Triple Changers.

Outside of the more popular characters, I'd like to see Trailbreaker or Punch-Counterpunch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:23 PM   #25
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatter View Post
I'm one of those that can't see Megatron as a gun anymore. Back then, yeah, nice. But now, it's more like... really?

I'm probably in the minority who prefers him as a tank able to dish out and receive punishment. Now that's more badass than a gun... Or at least to me...

I would prefer a Galvatron at this point.
Same here! Tank all the way! Or some menacing space plane with a huge guns and lots of sharp edges. Something with MENACE to it ya know?
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:49 AM   #26
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Quakewave is the best transformer toy pound for pound, dollar for dollar ever made.
This coming from the guy that puts down every 3p
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:36 AM   #27
pside9
Beasty

I'd like a new scaled Megatron.

Then Galvatron before Shockwave.
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #28
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Galvatron hasn't been done yet by anyone. So I would rather see him. Apollyon and Quakewave are perfect, so I can't see Takara actually beating them. So they should move on to other characters. Also, Rodimus needs his Yang
Old 05-14-2015, 12:22 AM   #29
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I would love to see a MP Shockwave, but Megatron deserves a new MP mold. And you can't really improve on Quakewave.

A MP Galvatron sounds really good too. I would love to have that.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #30
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Galvatron hasn't been done yet by anyone. So I would rather see him. Apollyon and Quakewave are perfect, so I can't see Takara actually beating them. So they should move on to other characters. Also, Rodimus needs his Yang
Whether this or that 3rd party figure is perfect is up for debate. And I do not disagree that the ones you called out are excellent and likely hard to top. Heck I have an Apollyon on the way for my Decepticon shelf.

I am sure that the sales on Citizen Stack must have influenced them to design MP-22 to some extent. And you can argue all day that Stack has superior articulation and has more details and so on. But at the end of the day he is not actually the real deal and so Takara had no problem selling MP-22 and droves purchased it including those who already had Citizen Stack.

I think it is possible that with Quakewave and Apollyon having done so well that they may stand as their respective best representations for awhile. But I wouldn't be surprised if Hastak isn't eyeing them and thinking they want a piece of that pie.

And if the sales numbers show that enough money is to be made then perhaps they will go for it.

But then didn't the sales and continually rising asking price for Quakewave prove to them that a G1 Shockwave would go over like gangbusters and one would think that laser gun would be okay for them to do without the risks of Megatrons Walther P38 mode. And yet its been how long and not even a hint. So who can really say what goes into these decisions.

For now the tyrant Apollyon will play the role of Megatron in my Detolf but probably just until Takara-Tomy enters the ring.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Last edited by Oberon Prime; 05-15-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote