Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 11:07 PM   #21
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: What do you think about Titanium series Transformers?

At the current time; 10:04 PM May 4TH 2007 I still only have Beast Wars Megatron out of the 3" set, with my primary task of completing my Cybertron collection before its' too late buying little statues for 8$ a piece depending on retailer hasn't been a high priority... I think I'm only going to get the G1 3" from now on though and BW Op simply because Megs needs someone to fight against.

I had thought of getting certain 6" figures, but the War Within Starscream has a blue head for crying out loud, call me crazy but isn't he supposed to have a black head?

Anyway if I do ever get any of the 6" figures they'll probably be figures who haven't been made before like The Fallen or possibly some of the other WW stuff maybe.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:17 AM   #22
kidkid

LOL, yah, after all these comment, i haf decided NOT to collect titanium series.... Maybe i should collect the upcoming movie transformers?
kidkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #23
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

6'' all the way, why get the 3'' transformers that don't transform? I gotta say I'm getting tired of all the repaints coming out but I saw it coming, I just wish they did WW Skywarp before they did Sunstorm (was he even in WW?). Otherwise I'm glad they fixed their screw up by repainting WW Optimus as WW Magnus (once again shocking) but when they released the pics of G1 Ultra Magnus I was blown out of the water. Though I noticed on the original pics he has red eyes and the final product had the show accurate blue eyes, this is a piece I must have in my collection but I hoped to hell there was 12'' or 20'' version :P .
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #24
Cruellock
Generation 1

I like the larger ones, even though I don't own any.. But I don't like the smaller ones due to their price. It's a bit too much for such a small thing.

Cruellock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #25
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

well, i own some of the 3ti and some of the 6ti. i am disappointed with the 3ti line as a whole, but it has its charm. plus they have very interesting poses, some better than others.

for instance, wwi optimus can get into a pose like he just landed a jump and is about to sprint.

but then there are ones that just drop the ball. g1 galvatron is there doing his crazy disco dance nazi salute. there really isnt any other way to describe it.

so for the 3ti figures i'm only picking up those characters that fit in my collection. predaking looks awesome, but he just doesnt fit.

as for the 6ti figures, i've only been disappointed with the two megatron figures in the line. the first just fell apart constantly and is as posable as a brick.

the second one also has limited posability, and a really boring stransformation, but at least looks very impressive.

sure, wwi optimus had really loose legs (i operated on them and put folded paper to tighten the joints up) and his arms keep falling off, but in general i've been very very impressed by what they've done with the line.

that being said, i think if this line had been released in plastic (with better tooling much like the classics line, since plastic is easier to work with) it would have been even more popular, and probably merged with the classics line to form an unstoppable juggernaut.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #26
ChrisW
Thread Killer

I want to get some of the 6" Titaniums, but I have yet to find a design that I like. Each design I've thought about buying has enough flaws to prevent me from buying it. It's a shame too, since this appears to be the only current line that is offering Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker.
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #27
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Actually we have yet to see a WWI skywarp for this line, we'll be getting Sunstorm before we see Skywarp but who knows maybe its coming.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #28
ChrisW
Thread Killer

An upcoming 6" Titanium Skywarp has been announced, and I believe it has been confirmed as the War Within design (Thundercracker redeco).

There was a catalogue scan released a while ago that showed the upcoming figures. Also included were War Within Grimlock, Soundblaster and Ravage, and a mystery version of Prowl. Might be War Within, might be G1. Might be Binaltech/Alternator Prowl for all we know.

So far, there is no known release date for any of these figures. No pictures, either. Presumably, we'll get more info at BotCon.
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #29
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

It would be great if they could add in Japanese G1 TFs, like Metalhawk, Victory Saber and Dai Atlas as well!

Fate/Trans Form - a Fate/Stay Night-TF crossover.

Transformers Redemption: Worlds Distant - Nebulos' role in the Redemption storyline.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #30
theLostSeeker
Generation 1

I collect 6" Titaniums, mostly those from G1 and War Within. The line has its flaws (which one doesn't?), but I think they should continue releasing more and more of that die-cast goodness.
theLostSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote