Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2022, 02:30 AM   #1
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
What's up with Amazon's Legacy Motormaster listing?

According to the listing here, Motormaster is listed as being temporarily out of stock, but for some reason, you are still able to order him anyway. This strikes me as odd, since most of the time, items that are out of stock, temporarily or not, cannot be ordered.

Does that mean that Amazon will get a restock very soon and is confident they can fill any orders placed now? Even if so, does anyone know roughly when Amazon will restock and fulfill such orders?
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 06:29 AM   #2
BeeTrain
Beasty
Re: What's up with Amazon's Legacy Motormaster listing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
According to the listing here, Motormaster is listed as being temporarily out of stock, but for some reason, you are still able to order him anyway. This strikes me as odd, since most of the time, items that are out of stock, temporarily or not, cannot be ordered.

Does that mean that Amazon will get a restock very soon and is confident they can fill any orders placed now? Even if so, does anyone know roughly when Amazon will restock and fulfill such orders?
They do that sometimes. They "plan" to get more stock but can't commit to a date. Take it with a grain of salt... Amazon.ca has had a low track record lately of actually fulfilling preorders, unfortunately.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 07:32 AM   #3
Magnimus
Alternator

I don’t know, but if you check out the Amazon.ca sightings thread, everyone who preordered the figure ahead of the release date has had their orders cancelled or marked as undeliverable/return to seller. I haven’t heard of anyone who has received their MM from Amazon.ca yet.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:28 AM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
I don?t know, but if you check out the Amazon.ca sightings thread, everyone who preordered the figure ahead of the release date has had their orders cancelled or marked as undeliverable/return to seller. I haven?t heard of anyone who has received their MM from Amazon.ca yet.
One guy said he did and I pre-ordered April 20, has not shipped, has not cancelled yet. I am curious where all the cancelled orders are for, like could it be an issue with a specific province or something, I wonder?
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 10:09 AM   #5
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Wow, that sucks. Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, it seems MM is sold out nearly everywhere else. Hopefully restocks will happen later in the year, since a lot of what I'm seeing says MM will be released in December.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:13 AM   #6
RansakWORK
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Wow, that sucks. Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, it seems MM is sold out nearly everywhere else. Hopefully restocks will happen later in the year, since a lot of what I'm seeing says MM will be released in December.
Watch the gamestop thread, when they start calling people for their in-store preorders there is always orders canceled and can usually scoop one up then.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 10:22 AM   #7
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Watch the gamestop thread, when they start calling people for their in-store preorders there is always orders canceled and can usually scoop one up then.

I saw on the Amazon.ca sightings thread, posts from yesterday that say Gamestop just opened up pre-orders on their site for Motormaster. However, when I checked the listing (or what I think is the listing, since no one linked to it) here, it's still listed as being out of stock.

That being said, I think it's reasonably likely restocks will happen later in the year since Commanders aren't historically hard to find, but the uncertainty of that is bugging me.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:42 AM   #8
RansakWORK
Beasty

The online orders have been going out. But the INSTORE preorders have not been called yet. So there is a wave of Motormasters going to hit each and every gamestop across canada to fulfill those preorders. I preorder everything INSTORE at gamestop but actually end up canceling most things so they end up on the shelf.

Last edited by RansakWORK; 07-29-2022 at 10:55 AM.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:32 PM   #9
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I got my in store preorder MM from GameStop on Wednesday, so the stores are getting them in.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote