Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-15-2022, 10:01 AM   #221
Melomeca
Generation 2
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I believe the quality has been worse ever since they switched factories to Vietnam? I suppose that makes sense, since obviously the china factory slave workers have had decades more experience making action figures than the vietnamese factory slave workers.

Hasbro should have a manufacturing manager/engineer on site. That's what tech companies did in china to make sure thing ran correctly.
Melomeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:17 AM   #222
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Yes.

Like an overseer.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:33 AM   #223
Napseeker
Generation 2

After China took 2 Canadians hostage recently, I doubt any westerner really wants to go over and hang out in China or Vietnam or any non-westerner friendly region.

Heck, I'm of Chinese descent and I sure as heck don't want to be in some hideous authoritarian Orwellian regime that could toss me into a cold dank prison at any time just to have some political leverage. Same applies for being in Russia or the middle-east. There are just places that you don't want to risk losing your freedom, I'd rather quit my job.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:47 AM   #224
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Those are just orientalist assumptions made by people who don't actually understand what life is like in China and Vietnam.
Exactly. But again maybe the guy who says thing like this also think he is a slave here too.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Last edited by xueyue2; 07-15-2022 at 03:03 PM.
xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:49 AM   #225
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
After China took 2 Canadians hostage recently, I doubt any westerner really wants to go over and hang out in China or Vietnam or any non-westerner friendly region.

Heck, I'm of Chinese descent and I sure as heck don't want to be in some hideous authoritarian Orwellian regime that could toss me into a cold dank prison at any time just to have some political leverage. Same applies for being in Russia or the middle-east. There are just places that you don't want to risk losing your freedom, I'd rather quit my job.

Even u are Chinese descent doesn't guarantee your know China or Vietnam better than others, only indicate how easy for you to blame your own people.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Last edited by xueyue2; 07-15-2022 at 03:04 PM.
xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:26 PM   #226
Melomeca
Generation 2

Quote:

Usually they pay more and cover your living expenses. Knew a guy that loved it and wanted the company to send him again. Knew an oil engineer who spent near a decade in the ME and made mint. It's about knowing what not to do when in the country.
Melomeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:59 AM   #227
Napseeker
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Even u are Chinese descent doesn't guarantee your know China or Vietnam better than others, only indicate how easy for you to blame your own people.

They're not really "my" people. I was born in Canada. I'd die to defend this country. Wouldn't lift a finger for China.

I only mentioned it in case someone was going to shout racist (on the assumption I was a caucasian, since we can't see each other on the net).

The simple fact is that once a country starts using face-recognition tech to identify citizens who are doing something that the government considers "bad" (like littering or taking more than one paper towel sheet from the public washroom) and will deduct social credit points which then limit their ability to travel or do other ordinary things, that country is a shithole Orwellian dunghole. I don't care if that's Canada or Saudi Arabia, or in this case China specifically.

You can go there, work there, etc. do whatever you want, but don't expect the same kind of freedom you get here or heaven help you if you want to protest for anything. Those Ottawa truckers would certainly be in a prison labour camp right now if they tried that overseas.

Last edited by Napseeker; 07-16-2022 at 02:04 AM.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote