Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Vintage dealers in Calgary?

Where are some of the "good" (ie. least scalpy) places to find G1 (original, hasbro/takara reissues) in the city?

I know there is a guy at the crossroads flea market... but the prices are usually slightly to the insane side. Anywhere else here?
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!
Re: Vintage dealers in Calgary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Where are some of the "good" (ie. least scalpy) places to find G1 (original, hasbro/takara reissues) in the city?

I know there is a guy at the crossroads flea market... but the prices are usually slightly to the insane side. Anywhere else here?

I wish I had something good to add but I don't. Quite honestly I don't mind paying semi-scalper (even full out scalper) prices if they actually have something in hand. I'm weired that way, i'd pay way more to grab something in person as opposed to buy it off ebay. I have no patience to wait. I need that instant gratification.
BadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJeff View Post
I wish I had something good to add but I don't. Quite honestly I don't mind paying semi-scalper (even full out scalper) prices if they actually have something in hand. I'm weired that way, i'd pay way more to grab something in person as opposed to buy it off ebay. I have no patience to wait. I need that instant gratification.
I'm the same way. I'll take into account potential shipping charges and pay more if I can get it in person. But I will not pay $40 for a loose Huffer with a fair bit of chrome wear... Little too scalpy for my blood.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post

I didn't even know there is a vintage TF dealer @ Crossroads Flea Market

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:19 AM   #5
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
I didn't even know there is a vintage TF dealer @ Crossroads Flea Market
He's barely a dealer. I used to look at his stuff but he was so overpriced and annoying to deal with that I stopped even checking. He over values his own stuff and I've seen people sell stuff to him and get absolutely ripped off. He deals in a lot of toys though and if there is something desperately needed then he might be worth checking if you're willing to overpay.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote