Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-04-2007, 03:53 AM   #1
darthrage
Beast Machine
TFTM Deluxe Sale, anyone get their difference back?

So after the deluxe movie toys went on sale for $12.97 from $14.99, i felt kinda cheated since I only bought them less than 2 weeks ago. I guess they started noticing a bit of a over-stock. But I'm sure after the movie is out, product turnover will be quicker.

Anyways, I decided to go get my difference back for the 6 deluxes and they gave it back no problem, no questions asked.

Anyone else do the same?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: TFTM Deluxe Sale, anyone get their difference back?

FABs were also on sale where I went.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
mcmus
Animated

You can always go back and do a price match. I think TRU has 30 days.
mcmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I should do that, provided I can find my receipt...
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

I planned to do that too tomorrow... need to dig out the receipts first, though

I believe the price protection only goes for 14 (or 15?) days after the purchase. However, TRU allows a total refund/exchange of unopened items within 30 days of purchase. So, if they don't like the prices you paid you can always refund it and re-purchase them again if another sales happened with the 30 days. With the stock level of those Deluxes I'm pretty sure another sale(s) is quite imminent

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #6
Vader
Generation 2

Here’s my price adjustment experience…

I went to the Coquitlam TRU for price adj. for the deluxe figures I purchased three weeks ago (yeah that’s right 3 weeks ago). This big fat women behind the counter told me "NO!" and I said why not. She said their price protection policy is only good for two weeks. I pointed out to her that on the sale receipt the return policy clearly stated 45 days and that I can return my figures and re-purchase them at the lower price. She said “I don’t care…that’s not what our price protection price is for…our price protection policy is two weeks”. At that point I decided I don't want to argue with her anymore so I went in the store and randomly purchased 5 deluxe figures. After paying for the figures I went straight to customer service counter and returned the 5 figures I just purchased using my old sale receipt. The fat woman and I locked eyes for about 5 seconds then she quietly proceeded with the return. In the end, I got my price adjustment.

Last edited by Vader; 06-04-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #7
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I've never heard of this 2 week PM thing at TRU. Must be a store-by-store thing(?). I've done several refunds/PMs over the past few years within the 45 days that it states on the back of the receipt.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #8
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post

I went to the Coquitlam TRU for price adj. for the deluxe figures I purchased three weeks ago (yeah that’s right 3 weeks ago). This big fat women behind the counter told me "NO!" and I said why not. She said their price protection policy is only good for two weeks. I pointed out to her that on the sale receipt the return policy clearly stated 45 days and that I can return my figures and re-purchase them at the lower price. She said “I don’t care…that’s not what our price protection price is for…our price protection policy is two weeks”. At that point I decided I don't want to argue with her anymore so I went in the store and randomly purchased 5 deluxe figures. After paying for the figures I went straight to customer service counter and returned the 5 figures I just purchased using my old sale receipt. The fat woman and I locked eyes for about 5 seconds then she quietly proceeded with the return. In the end, I got my price adjustment.
hahaha
Old 06-04-2007, 03:43 PM   #9
C_Shewins
Robot Master

I talked to the "leader salesperson", waste of time dealing with those low class salesperson. Lots of them seem to not know anything.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #10
mcmus
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post

Yes, it happened to me once. Similar situation, eventually, the sale do the price match for me. But, seriously, this is a stupid policy, Price Adj. for 2 week and Full Refund for 4 weeks. Doesn't make sense at all.
mcmus is offline   Reply With Quote