Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-01-2007, 12:39 AM   #11
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Ebay Tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
5 seconds here!
Ohhhh snap! That's good.

Unfortunately, I don't want to risk that w/ my internet connection.

I'm also a bit lost on the payment etiquette, I heard 1-3 days, but obviously sooner is better.

I'm still waiting a reply from the seller for declaring it as a gift and lowering the value, hope that's possible. I remember some/most registered sellers as stores aren't willing to do that in case they get audited, which is pretty rare, isn't it?
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:42 AM   #12
kidkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_rage View Post
Ohhhh snap! That's good.

Unfortunately, I don't want to risk that w/ my internet connection.

I'm also a bit lost on the payment etiquette, I heard 1-3 days, but obviously sooner is better.

I'm still waiting a reply from the seller for declaring it as a gift and lowering the value, hope that's possible. I remember some/most registered sellers as stores aren't willing to do that in case they get audited, which is pretty rare, isn't it?
My sellers usually willing to check it as gift, I don't see any reason why they don't want to do that. Screw them if they don't do it. And oh ya, usually I pay instantly, most of them ship the day after they receive payment. U better check when they ship too.
kidkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:12 AM   #13
darthrage
Beast Machine

6 second sniping rule for me
Old 06-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #14
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I would have to agree that research is Rule #1. I have never used a snipe tool because they are pointless. If you think the item is worth X, put that in as your Max Bid. There's no reason to get into a bidding war by item watching at the time ticks-down unless it's an ultra rare item that you know goes for big bucks.

I would not only recommend using Paypal, but Paypal via credit card only. That way you are covered if Paypal screws you over too (for example I think you only get 30 days(?) after an auction to file a complaint). It's only happened to me once, but I got the full value back from my CC company with no problems after sending them all my corroborating evidence by mail.

Any auctions with Money Order only get a complete pass by me after I was scammed last year by a seller in California. They essentially stole 2 MOs from me and never shipped me anything. eBay couldn't do anything to help at all. The banks can get you a transaction record of the MO to see who or when it was cashed, but to do a more thourough search to hunt down the person started at over $50 and I figured to stop and cut my losses.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote