Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-23-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
venksta
Render Project Creations
Canadian Tire TF Clearance

I saw on the local BC sightings thread that the Classics Prime vs Megatron 2 pack was $9.99 at Canadian Tire.

So I just took a trip to a local Canadian Tire, and all TF items were on clearance! I hit two locations, and this was the same deal, but stock varied.

DOTM Cyberverse Ark set @ $15.59!

DOTM Autobot Daredevil set @ $9.99

DOTM Cyberverse Action Sets (Bumblebee, Shockwave, Ratchet sets) $7.59

DOTM Deluxes were on clearance as well. Can't remember the price, but it was under $9.

Seeing how some items are over 50% off, definitely a good time to pick them up, especially the ark set.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night
Re: Canadian Tire TF Clearance

Were they yellow sales tags or red? Yellow is normally Canada wide sale, red are deal 999 & normally only "in store clearance" sales.
Either way, in the next week or 2 you'll see upwards of 50% off all toys in CT stores. Mostly under red tag deal 999 & prices & selection will vary from store to store.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Well, I'm already going there tomorrow to "return" my ultimate battle set that I bought at 15 and then buy it at 10, so I'll definitely check out the other stuff too.

The cool thing about Crappy Tire is that since they only have toys around Christmas time, the corporation (as well as the stores themselves) really push to have em cleared out before the summer change over because the smaller stores especially have to do rather creative merchandising to have em on the floor. I've never had a problem fitting everything I needed to fit out on the floor, but some stores are more strict about sticking to the book than others.

Now, this isn't to say that I never found shit burred in canoes & whatnot during the warmer months, but yeah. Good time to check em out is good.

... but yeah, Predaking's got a point about whether the tags are yellow or red, so I'll make note of that when I go tomorrow. Brings back some interesting memories of working there hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"

Last edited by Nomad; 12-23-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
venksta
Render Project Creations

Yeah, the tags were red. So a good chance this is a store to store only clearance. But still worth checking out I guess for most people.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

While that's possible, I wouldn't worry because even ignoring the fact that toys always get clearance, red tags can also be assigned to discontinued/off order products, which toys often fall under because of the rotational seasonal model.

The ultimate battle thing is most likely clearanced everywhere because it's more of an old stock item in general, but we'll have to wait for more sightings to know what the deal on the other stuff is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Thanks for the heads up, Venksta! Those are great prices and I'll be sure to take a peek when I'm out. The Ark set at fifteen bucks is a steal, and at ten bucks the Prime/Megs 2-pack will be well worth grabbing for custom fodder.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Seems the majority of the stores are doing it, even though it's red tag. I picked up the ark and 2pk last week for those prices.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:19 AM   #8
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I picked up the DOTM Thundercracker, oddly enough the only TF not really Clearance price is HA Basic and BB combo. Crossing my fingers today, I want that trike for cheap!
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

At my local CanTire, all TFs are 50% off EXCEPT the ones that are on "other sales", which override the 50% off sale.

So at my local store, the BB Daredevil set isn't on 50% off because its on "sale" this week for $5 off. And the Prime/Megs Battle set isn't on clearance because it's on store-specific "sale" at $16.99 instead.

If they'd left these 2 at reg price, they'd have included them at 50% off. But since they are already on sale at smaller discounts, they stay at those higher prices.

Sigh. Not a big deal, but I would get the Prime/Megs pack for $10 as I've resisted it so far.

I did pick up the Ark set and the Shocky Cyberverse set though!
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Thanks for notifying us.Hopefully the toys will be (Still) tagged at my local CT when I come back from the States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote