Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > Toys and Collectibles

Old 12-01-2008, 11:57 PM   #21
Icetron
Re: Post Your NON-TFs Shots

I'm not a huge fan of the movie designs, sadly. That Spidey is very posable though.

I was surprised since it's only a $10 figure, but the Iron Spidey's joints are very tight. Articulation is decent, but not perfect.

The claws aren't so great, but they're decent enough.

There's no wrist swivel, but surprisingly there's posability for all the fingers except for the thumb.

Basically: shoulder joint (very tight), elbow joint (double), bicep swivels, ab crunch joint, toe joint, ankle joint, hip joints, knee joints (double), there's also a side-to-side ankle/foot joint that's super tight...surprisingly.

I'd say it's not bad.

The crouching one is from the Sinister 6 box set (the same body as Snap Shot Spider-man). Hope that helps.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #22
JTCh
Armada

Thanks Icetron, how about the newest spiderman? The one with the iron spidey series? I think you were the one that bought them in the haul thread?

I only recently got back into figures/transformers, mainly because I like taking pictures of them. So I don't really know which is which. I picked up a Doc Ock movie toy and was quite disappointed with it. Only the top two tentacles are poseable, while the bottom two are just made of rubber. It had very weak legs and standing up alone was a task for it. Some recent ones I bought are the movie iron man and hulk figures, which are pretty nice. Quite poseable, but nothing compare to spiderman.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #23
Icetron

I love that one. It's perfect imo, I just don't like the colours so I didn't include it in my pic. I plan to do a lighter shade of blue and red, then redo the paintwash on the webs of the costume (it's all molded detail). The body shape is a bit better than the crouching one I have now, and so's the articulation. However, I think it's a bit too tall and thin, but if you pose him then it's not a big deal. It's my favourite sculpt so far...I tried finding it for a while until I saw it at TRU and bought it right away.

I'm not sure if I want to start collecting villains, but some of my favourites like Shocker I might hunt down eventually...

I like taking pics of my stuff too, I hope I can get a better camera soon haha.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #24
JTCh
Armada

Haha I used the Nikon E3100 before too, but not sure if it's just mine, but it had VERY short battery life. Sucks the NiMH's dry in no time.

Now I want to get the new spiderman too. I am waiting for a sale on them so I can pick up the other guys like iron spidery, venom, and carnage too. Do you know any doctor octopus with all 4 poseable tentacles?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:10 AM   #25
Icetron

IMO you should pick up the clear Iron Spidey if you see it, I passed on the opaque version but I'm in love with the clear variant. Imo, there's no really good Doc Ock's out but the worst ones are the Sinister 6 and the Spectacular Spider-man ones for sure. I believe the movie one has all 4 poseable tentacles...the one that came out with the Sandman parts. (Same one you got? http://marvellegends.net/Faces/charP...3&C=DocOck&V=0)

And yeah the battery life is horrible on this thing, I'm rotating between 2 sets of NiMH's right now. I should stop buying toys so I can get a new camera, hehe.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:54 AM   #26
JTCh
Armada

Ya I will definitely pick up the clear iron spidey if I can find one, much better looking then the opaque one. And yes, that's the doc ock I got, the lower tentacles are not poseable. Overall, the figure is quite disappointing, but I have always wanted a doctor octopus figure, so I just have it leaning against the wall now.

Was carnage rereleased before this recent series? I have always wanted a carnage too, but they don't come by often.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:02 AM   #27
Icetron

Ah that's unfortunate, I'm not a fan of any of the Doc Ock designs so far. Ultimate Doc looks cool but the tentacles look horrible.

Looks like there were 3 Carnages before this one, so it's possible this one is just a rerelease. I can't say for sure since I didn't look at it hard enough. http://marvellegends.net/Faces/pages/Carnage.htm

I think it kind of looks like the Series 8 one with slightly different paint apps.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:12 AM   #28
JTCh
Armada

That site is very good, that guy has an awesome collection
Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 AM   #29
Icetron

I agree, it made it easy to find out which versions I liked of a certain character.

www.marvelousnews.com is pretty good too.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:45 AM   #30
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

Besides photography, and Transformers, my other main hobby is cars.