Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Job situation advise

So here is the thing, I got laid of from my job a month ago. And 2 weeks ago I applied at Tim Hortons, they called back 2 days later to schedule me an interview on the same day, so I went. So last week they called me back telling me I am hired and I will start on December 3rd to go in to set up the store since it's a new Tim Hortons. I was ok with it, but now I am not excited at all, they gave me like 100 tests to do online, I would be working production (baker) not really my thing. So yesterday, Harvey's called me to ask me if I am still looking for a job and I said yes, but I go to to them I am starting this part time job next week and I am looking for full time. The person goes to me when can you come to meet? I told him I could come on Thursday during the day. So now what I do? Do I call my new boss from Tims and tell him sorry I am no longer interested ad go see the person from Harvey's Monday morning? or wait til Thursday. I really not interested working at Tim Hortons, people who worked there have said, they are happy they left Tims.

Thoughts, opinion?
Old 11-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Re: Job situation advise

Tim's versus Harvey's? That's like apples versus apples, isn't it? Would Harvey's be that much better?

How desperate are you for a job? If you really need one right now then stick with Tim's and try it out but also go to a Job Centre and get placed in jobs outside of the food industry.

Even temp work at an office could lead to a full-time job providing you're not completely inept (which I'm sure you're not considering you can actually express yourself clearly, etc.)

If you must stick with food services then see if either has benefits that outweight the other. Location? Hours? Flexibility with your schooling? Extended benefits?

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:02 AM   #3
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I'd go for Harvey's. I love their burgers.

No, you don't have to call no one.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

It would be kinda foolish to leave your current job at Timmies right now, especially because you don't know if Harveys will hire you.

I'm sure things will pick up once the training phase will over, I'd stick it out for now.

And if you do get hired for full time at Harveys, switch then.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:40 PM   #5
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

You already have accepted the job at Timmy's , it depends on your moral values.

I would stay with timmy's more room for advancement.

and a little better than Fast food too, trust me, the grass is always greener.

Spend a day a walk through an industrial park, try for warehouse work.

The other thing is you don't want a resume full of 1-2 month jobs doesn't look good.

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:33 AM   #6
Wheeltron
Maximal

I know from friends working at Tim's that the first couple of weeks you're not gonna know what you're doing, at least compared to everyone around you who seem to have like a sixth sense. But you get into the groove of things and it will go much better after that. Might be easier to get there if you're not working in the front area.