Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-08-2015, 11:35 PM   #11
Thormind
Generation 1
Re: Safest way to complete a transaction

Tks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Guns

Hehe, lemme guess, you're from Alberta? :-)
Thormind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:34 AM   #12
CanBot
Cybertron

Believe it or not, I really wish I read this before I did a recent ebay sale. I think I listed something as a gift (to be honest, I don't even remember) because the lady behind the counter said it was the easiest way to make sure no extra fees are paid. Why did I listen...lol, the package is now in dispute with the buyer saying they didn't receive it, yet the tracking says it was delivered (without a verification signature, of course, because I thought that was automatic: no, you have to REQUEST that. Noted.)

Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way, which stinks but that's the price of experience. I hope this guy's TF turns up but my luck hasn't been great lately.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #13
elburrito
Animated

Who was the carrier? If Canada Post says it was delivered, then you're gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Believe it or not, I really wish I read this before I did a recent ebay sale. I think I listed something as a gift (to be honest, I don't even remember) because the lady behind the counter said it was the easiest way to make sure no extra fees are paid. Why did I listen...lol, the package is now in dispute with the buyer saying they didn't receive it, yet the tracking says it was delivered (without a verification signature, of course, because I thought that was automatic: no, you have to REQUEST that. Noted.)

Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way, which stinks but that's the price of experience. I hope this guy's TF turns up but my luck hasn't been great lately.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #14
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:

Wait, you were the payee and you were paid as a gift payment? In that case there is absolutely zero the buyer can do about it, payments sent as gifts void all responsibility for the seller. Paypal won't care.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #15
CanBot
Cybertron

No, I mean I wrote on the packing slip that it's a 'gift' to the buyer. It turns out I was using the wrong example: within Canada, you can't mark down the package as a gift (no customs). I did this with an ebay sale to the States...but won't do it again, that's for sure.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #16
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
No, I mean I wrote on the packing slip that it's a 'gift' to the buyer. It turns out I was using the wrong example: within Canada, you can't mark down the package as a gift (no customs). I did this with an ebay sale to the States...but won't do it again, that's for sure.
That doesn't matter. The gift thing here is only to save the buyer import duties. This has NOTHING to do with the transaction. If you have a "delivered" via Tracking number, then you should be fine. Ask Canada Post to start an investigation and the package should turn up. If it's delivered, the buyer is trying to scam you.

As for OP, yes use Paypal. DO NOT pay as Gift. Mark it as "Goods" and you'll be covered entirely if shit goes wrong. I DO NOT recommend trying to scam the seller by saying the package was not delivered if was delivered.