Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #51
AUTOMATON
Mariomus Prime
Re: Automaton Toys website has virus again???

Hi everyone,

Here's an update on the current situation: we are now webhosted on a new server (via a new webhosting company) but the problem is still active obviously. From what I've been told today by the technicians there: Automaton, in spite of all the warnings appearing, doesn't seemed infected by any virus of any kind. No fishing malware or others. They were pretty adamant on that fact. So what's going on? Why those warnings? I wish we had the answer tonight.

Actually, the problem may be linked to Google (yet to be confirmed) who, for some obscure reasons, would have tagged our website as ''suspicious''. Our new partner's technicians are trying to figure out why such a thing and they're in contact with Google representatives as we speak. In short: it looks like it is a more complex issue than what we thought at first and we may not have answers rapidly. Quite puzzling.

So, again, I have to make decisions based on a problem from wich the actual source haven't been fully identified yet. Great.

Since the problem is still active: If by noon tomorrow (Friday, April 9) the problem is not solved (I hope it will, but it seems unlikely at this point) me and my wife, who is also the co-owner of Automaton, have made the decision to put the website offline temporarily, at least for a few days. Giving us time to figure out once and for all what's going on exactly and put an end to this madness.

Why put the site offline if there's no viral threat? We feel that the incessant warning pop-ups will only make matter worst, spreading ''contagious'' fear and suspicion towards our customers. We do not wish that at this point.

If we put the website offline: this does not impair in any way the processing of upcoming preorders. Many highly awaited items are coming this way (like FP Warbot Defender, MMC Knight Morpher, EZ Devastator G1 Colors,etc).Our invoicing process is made directly through Paypal website (and not through Automaton) and we still have access to our Administrative/Sales files. So our beloved toys may be delivered to whom ordered them. :-)

Direct purchases, made ''live'' through automatontoys.com, would be affected by this situation of course.

Customers may still reach us via our webmail for any request, questions or even purchases at:

info@automatontoys.com

To conclude: I sincerely hope that this nightmare will be off soon; we are working very hard to keep our little Automaton on its clicking gears, working 7 days a week on an average 16hrs per day. Automaton will celebrate its second anniversary of commercial activities in May...hope that all the hard work won't be for nothing.

I would personnally and sincerely thanks all of our supporters that give us words of encouragement: those kind words are truly our extra energy boost in those hard times.

Safety is, and has always been, in our top prerogatives and always will. When such issues occur, the best we can do is to react as fast as we can to solve the crisis.

We will keep you updated.
Best Regards,
Mario

www.automatontoys.com
AUTOMATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #52
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Thanks for the info Mario.

Your website looks clear to me now, previously I was occasionally getting a message asking me to install microsoft snapview. It seems fine now.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #53
The Ark
The Original Scalper.

I sincerely hope that this situation does not reach the point where you have to shut down the web site, even if only temporarily. But I for one guarantee that I will be waiting for Automaton to be back in fighting form.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #54
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I think we all appreciate the updates and hope you figure out the problem. I know I'll still be shopping there once this is all said and done.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #55
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I think we all appreciate the updates and hope you figure out the problem. I know I'll still be shopping there once this is all said and done.
Ditto!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #56
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Thanks for the update Mario! I wish you the best of luck dealing with this. I look forward to when everything is back up and running.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #57
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I hope you get that sorted out without having to shut down for a bit.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #58
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exillion View Post
Actually, the problem may be linked to Google (yet to be confirmed) who, for some obscure reasons, would have tagged our website as ''suspicious''. Our new partner's technicians are trying to figure out why such a thing and they're in contact with Google representatives as we speak. In short: it looks like it is a more complex issue than what we thought at first and we may not have answers rapidly. Quite puzzling.
Mario, this is exactly what's happening. Previous to your move when you did actually have problems, google/mozilla flaggeed your site.

You need to contact google and have your site re-reviewed using these tools:
https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...tools%2F&hl=en

I really hope you get this figured out Mario, you really don't deserve this at all. If you need any more help, drop me a line and I'll be more than happy to, you have my email address.

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #59
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

^^ Nice one, Richter! Maybe this is all that is needed...I'm interested to see how this turns out. I'm learning a bunch thru this.

Mario, you have my 100% support. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #60
Gorilla Warfare
Damn Dirty Ape
Gorilla Warfare's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Gorilla Warfare

Yeah, I'm still getting the site flagged, but the info tab explicitly states that there hasn't been any suspicious activity for 90 days. It's sort of mental that Google's getting its panties in a twist this late in the game.

Anyway, thanks for the info, Mario. Best of luck to you in getting this resolved.
Gorilla Warfare is offline   Reply With Quote