Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-11-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Pgianos
Banned
perfect effect 04

Hi just got my menosar t ogether and it's a jumbled mess so I am going to get the 3rd party...the legs drive me nuts and can be fixed by the 3rd party from what I seen... The shoulders not so much... What a terrible design for a 3 mm tab for the shoulder joint...so frustrated...

Anyways cheapest place shipped to Canada?
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
Jones
Machine War
Re: perfect effect 04

I got my set here:
http://tfsource.com/perfect-effect/pc-04-menasor/

While it makes a HUGE difference in how awesome he looks, keep in mind that the stock CW feet are terrible with this set, unless you are willing to make a few minor mods. If you use the stock feet, he will be very unstable due to the big a-frame stance this set forces his legs in to. This set doesn't come with the feet or hands. It's just the torso attachment, head, and sword extension. No feet or hands included.

To really have this set work properly, I highly recommend you also get either the Perfect Effect feet/hands set, or a different 3P foot set like the ones from Nonnef.

I am waiting on my Nonnef feet to complete my Menasor, as I missed the first production run and now am in limbo waiting for the next batch to be produced.
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #3
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

if your problem with the legs is from the ratchet joint I have read on numerous forums that the second batch of Motormaster the one that just came out has this problem fixed fyi you can find them at some Wal-marts that have had the White Prime. I also believe that Takara version is fixed as well
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #4
Pgianos
Banned

thanks guys noted
Old 10-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
Pgianos
Banned

you prefer the nonef better? do you have a link...brief thoughts?
Old 10-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
Jones
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
you prefer the nonef better? do you have a link...brief thoughts?
http://www.nonnef.com/collections/al...s-foot-upgrade

I chose to go the Nonnef route for a couple of reasons:

1) I didn't really feel the need for any extra weapons for my combiners, so the fact that the PE hands/feet turned in to guns didn't interest me.

2) Cost - Nonnef feet are $10 for a pair vs. $33.99 for a set of the PE hands and feet. So, I could get a set of feet for each of my 3 CW sets (Superion, Menasor, and Defensor) for the same price as one set of PE hands/feet.

3) I'm ok with the stock CW hands. They work ok and look ok for my tastes, so I wasn't really eager to spend extra money for articulated fingers. The ankle tilts and extra stability of the feet is really the biggest benefits to these kits.

Only downside is the waiting game. PE kits are available now, so if you're the impatient type (which I normally am ) waiting for the Nonnef products to come back in stock could be unbearable. Right now there is really no ETA on when the next set of Nonnef feet will come in, so if you're in a hurry just go the PE route.
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #7
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
http://www.nonnef.com/collections/al...s-foot-upgrade

I chose to go the Nonnef route for a couple of reasons:

1) I didn't really feel the need for any extra weapons for my combiners, so the fact that the PE hands/feet turned in to guns didn't interest me.

2) Cost - Nonnef feet are $10 for a pair vs. $33.99 for a set of the PE hands and feet. So, I could get a set of feet for each of my 3 CW sets (Superion, Menasor, and Defensor) for the same price as one set of PE hands/feet.

3) I'm ok with the stock CW hands. They work ok and look ok for my tastes, so I wasn't really eager to spend extra money for articulated fingers. The ankle tilts and extra stability of the feet is really the biggest benefits to these kits.

Only downside is the waiting game. PE kits are available now, so if you're the impatient type (which I normally am ) waiting for the Nonnef products to come back in stock could be unbearable. Right now there is really no ETA on when the next set of Nonnef feet will come in, so if you're in a hurry just go the PE route.
Thank.you kindly sir for that. Useful.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #8
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I grabbed the pe sets for takara Menasor. I live them but I use the original hands as I find them too small.

Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #9
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I grabbed the pe sets for takara Menasor. I live them but I use the original hands as I find them too small.

Will the nonef stuff ever be rereleased? I cant find any info?

I need that menosaur breastplate!
Old 10-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #10
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

nonnef stuff might be delayed few more weeks, it was just posted that he has health related issues so production are delayed.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote