Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #11
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Follow up Question

I have a crap memory overall, but for some reason I can remember how to transform pretty much every figure in my 1000+ collection. Even some real tough ones like Badcube's Wardog (warpath) and their Sunstreaker, or XTB's Appolyon (MP style Megs).

That said, from time to time I do get stuck on a particular part and have to head to YouTube... though often a product photo will work as well.

I definitely need YouTube for most 3P figures the first time or two. I could never have figured out something like UT Challenger (AoE Prime) even with instructions.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:04 AM   #12
MahtimusPrime09
Shut up, Rattrap
MahtimusPrime09's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I have a crap memory overall, but for some reason I can remember how to transform pretty much every figure in my 1000+ collection. Even some real tough ones like Badcube's Wardog (warpath) and their Sunstreaker, or XTB's Appolyon (MP style Megs).

That said, from time to time I do get stuck on a particular part and have to head to YouTube... though often a product photo will work as well.

I definitely need YouTube for most 3P figures the first time or two. I could never have figured out something like UT Challenger (AoE Prime) even with instructions.
I’m kind of in your boat as well. Regardless of my memory outside of my collection, I seem to be able to remember the transformation for most figures in my collection. For example, I likely remember how to transform most of my deluxes and I’d like to think all of my legends and smaller figures. The majority of voyagers I can transform as well, while the Leaders are a mixed bag, 50-50.

That being said, DX9 Mightron is one figure I always resort straight to the instructions for. SS Blackout too (man that thing is complex, but I still love it). TLK Nitro Zeus also comes to mind, TR Trypticon too.

My Sales Thread
My Want List
My Collection
My Feedback Page
MahtimusPrime09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:55 PM   #13
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Pretty much all of my official figures I have no trouble transforming. Usually out of the box I would figure out how to transform them without the instructions.

3rd party stuff, yeah, there are quite a few that I would have to refer to instructions because of tolerances, overly complex transformations, etc.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:10 AM   #14
seancuthbertca
Generation 2

My original G1s and the re-issue G1s, except for Shockwave I can remember how to transform. Never had Shockwave as a kid so his transformation isn't in long term memory. My short term memory is crap now. LOL!!

For my Masterpiece figures, I transformed them when I got them and leave them in the mode I want them in. Too expensive to risk transforming them a lot.

The WFC line, ditto. Set them where I want them and leave them there. With these being pretty much 100% plastic, I'm more worried about breaking something on them.
seancuthbertca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:48 AM   #15
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Got HftD BanzaiTron a while back
And also Prime "Dark Energon" Wheeljack for a Slicer stand-in

Never played with their original molds, so these are the only reps for these molds in my collection

If you asked me how to transform them? I'd take a stab at it, but I'd basically be re-figuring it out from scratch

Wonder if BanzaiTron's treads have "melted" yet?
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:53 AM   #16
pringj
Generation 1

To be honest I haven't memorized how to transform any of the Transformers I own. With most requiring between 25-35 steps I usually just go to Youtube if I have a desire to transform anything
pringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:18 AM   #17
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I tend to transform mine several times when I get them to get the "muscle memory".

But even then, I think there was at least two that after a few years of storage (or simply that I didn't grab it from the shelf) I had to go check a video.

If it's a new one that I can't transform intuitively (without the instructions that I rarely consider even worth trying to follow as they are so badly done/printed) then I'll just watch a few videos that I'll pause and follow the steps.

But even then, I'll watch a few of those that I didn't have trouble with BUT that I will consider that I might have missed something... once in a while there is something that I'll have missed or not notice due to being a bit hidden.

I'd rather recheck than end up doing something wrong as some transform in such a weird way at times, that it could lead to breaking something and I'd rather not risk it.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #18
Marcotron
Robot Master

Poelesdru has a youtube channel where he stop motion transforms a lot of bots. It's fascinating to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/user/peolesdru
For a lot of third party bots that I can't afford, it's great to just be able to watch them transform themselves.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote