Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-28-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
MahtimusPrime09
Shut up, Rattrap
MahtimusPrime09's Ebay Auctions
Hasbro Pulse Shipping For Canadians

Hey Cybertronians.

Does anyone else find the shipping to Canada crazy? Like for one 40$ US figure, I end up spending close to 95$ Canadian just to get it and to get it here. I don't really know what to think.

Although I have someone in the US to ship it to, with the COVID situation and the likelihood I don't see them for a while, I thought about ordering something and having it shipped here. But now I find myself having trouble when it comes to my willingness to finalize the transaction.

Anyone know of another way to make this easier? I suppose buying in bulk to keep shipping a bit lower but I'm not really down with spending at least 120$ US and up at the moment.

It seems they've really got us Canadians at the moment.

My Sales Thread
My Want List
My Collection
My Feedback Page
MahtimusPrime09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Re: Hasbro Pulse Shipping For Canadians

its a ripoff. as is, for me, the only figure pulse had that i couldnt get elsewhere was the drone/weapon pack. beyond that i will place the order but am quick to cancel once i find it elsewhere, kind of a last resort place to buy
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:42 PM   #3
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Preach.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:10 PM   #4
Lioconvoy81
Beasty

I preordered all of the beasts from wave 1 Kingdom and shipping was only $29. Pretty happy with that.
Lioconvoy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:19 PM   #5
Pascal
Banned

Will they really ship before they show up in stores here?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:52 PM   #6
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

The shipping max is $29.99 USD for even a giant order. Convert that to CAD and it is around C$40. I cannot ship you an item from here to your location using Canada Post for less than C$20. And that would take at least 5 days.

Their costs may seem high for one item but they ship via FedEx, so once you see the shipping email it should be at your door without any hidden fees within two days. This is a good tradeoff of cost and speed.

You pay your taxes like GST/HST based on your province.

Unless an item is specifically a HasbroPulse exclusive, I would wait for things like Kingdom to show up at retail.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 09-28-2020 at 05:56 PM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:23 PM   #7
MahtimusPrime09
Shut up, Rattrap
MahtimusPrime09's Ebay Auctions

Thanks for everyone’s input.

My inquiry was concerning the Prime Breakdown & Vehicon two-pack. Maybe it isn’t the end of the world considering 1) it’s still way cheaper than getting the Japanese Arms Micron Breakdown & Jet Vehicon, and 2) the set starts at 39.99$ US, which I honestly found surprising cheaper than I expected. You would think with Hasbro selling a voyager and deluxe together it would be a bit more, plus Hasbro’s history of selling “limited edition”, “exclusive”, “x anniversary edition” at a higher price than the size classes normally go for would have me think it would’ve been more.

Either way, like one of the posts said, unless it’s a Pulse exclusive, I also won’t likely buy anything else.

My Sales Thread
My Want List
My Collection
My Feedback Page
MahtimusPrime09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:15 AM   #8
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

The $40 CAD ($30 USD) is a bit nuts for one item (I ignore the taxes part because it's nice to pre-pay taxes actually). But I'm trying to soften the blow by combining a few items - in this case, the 5-pack quint with Volcanicus (I'm a sucker for TT combiners) and Earthrise Nemesis Prime spoiler pack.......
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:01 AM   #9
joshimus
Metroplex

They also arrive pretty quick. I've had a few things ship and it took a few days at most. I waited longer from bbts, which again postal issues so not their fault but still, the HasbroPulse stuff was quick. That said I preordered Kingdom from EB Games.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:29 PM   #10
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

I too have a preorder for the War Breakdown/Vehicon and Hades Megatron. My shipping ended up being $24.99 USD and I got the 12% taxes charged (also in USD).

Part of me is hoping they'll show up locally so I can avoid getting gouged by the exchange rate. And yes, I'm aware of the stupid prices AM-12 War Breakdown floats at on eBay.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote