Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #11
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: Dealers

I can guarantee that there will be American stuff there - Wreck-Gar, Lio Convoy, Inferno, Skywarp, Shockwave etc.

Some will be reasonably priced, some will be overpriced, but regardless of that, they will all go fast.

In my experience here's what I have found.

The retailers will usually have a few items (usually something they have in overstock) for VERY cheap. I know one year I bought a bunch of SCF PVC's for $2 each. And there will be some good deals to have.

The private collector booths are a mixed bag, some people will have reasonable prices, some people are delusional. If you can stick around till the end of the day (The last hour or so) the dealers are much more willing to make a deal than say first thing in the day.

Good luck with your hunting!

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 04-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #12
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Myself, I'm trying to make alternate arrangements to ensure I procure certain items at TFcon (that is, asking someone who's coming from the US to bring stuff up that I can get from them at the 'con).

Myself, I'm just hoping there's a decent supply of Henkei - there's certain items VERY high on my list. And since there's a Powered Commander exclusive, it means that any Henkei Convoys will go fast (and I need a replacement).
Old 04-04-2009, 11:58 PM   #13
Articuplex
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelee View Post
Is there a list of dealers this year so far? I know Kool Toys is one, but I'm also hoping Automaton and GoldenAgeToys are, too. Also, do random people sell their TFs, too? Like not people who own online stores, but just regulars? I'd love to see what kind of deals I can muster up from everyone.

EDIT: DAMMIT! I forgot about the general question thread! Could somebody merge this, please?
Automaton will not be at TFCon this year. I was talking to them, Marcel, about it. By talking to Marcel I mean I asked a question about that using his info email on his store web page.
Articuplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #14
shdwknt
Mini-Con

rickstoyroom.com will be at the 80s toy show that will be going on sunday - and we will stop by and say hi on saturday afternoon (around 4-5pm)

one thing - I have 14 sets of the US Target Exclusives that I think would do better at the TF show - since I cant do that show due to time constraints - if there are any dealers that would like to buy them from me either ahead of time and have them shipped to you before the show - or want to get them from me saturday afternoon when we get there - please contact me shdw@rickstoyroom.com and we can work it out.. I will sell them to you for what I paid which was $25 USD (retail)

The sets are: sunstorm vs Rachet (animated)
and
Shockwave vs bumblebee (animated)
shdwknt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #15
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwknt View Post
one thing - I have 14 sets of the US Target Exclusives that I think would do better at the TF show -
I'm sure there'll be interest for this, as lots of TF fans will be there Sunday too.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #16
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
Myself, I'm trying to make alternate arrangements to ensure I procure certain items at TFcon (that is, asking someone who's coming from the US to bring stuff up that I can get from them at the 'con).
I've done this too, courtesy of the Buy/Sell/Trade forum on this website.

It's very useful!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #17
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Depending on the dealer, I found Vintage to be pretty good so long as you negotiate a bit.

Sometimes they have specials on slow-selling items...this year I could see Reissue Skylynx for low prices, for example.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #18
Stormrave
Machine War

Also, when you look at prices, realize you're not paying for shipping, and if you're Canadian, you don't have to pay duty either. So calculate those two factors before you decide if something is "more expensive."
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #19
Victorysabre
Generation 1
Victorysabre's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via AIM to Victorysabre

Any dealers take trades on stuff? I have a couple items I was thinking about bringing to unload, and if I can't unload them at the trade party, was wondering if the dealers would be another option. Don't have enough figures left to sell to get a table, but I did want to try to unload some stuff.
Victorysabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #20
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I don't think dealers will be up for trades but they may be interested in purchasing it from you depending on the item

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote