Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Sludge2007
Beasty
Question Time to pull the pin?

Lately just loosing intrest in collecting, more or less buying tf's out of habit. I'm considering dumping the lot of it but not sure there's even a need for most of them. Mainly collected Alt's, classics, couple g1's, animated& MP's. Don't want to end up with a any left overs if I do decide to dump them, just looking for some outside opinions on this. I'm not into eBay or outside of Canada shipping so not sure it's even worth the trouble, any suggestions appreciated. Also please don't bother pm'ing me for a sales list (etc)as I'm still deciding what to do, thanks.
Sludge2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Time to pull the pin?

I'm in the same boat. I am looking for a better way to sell off toys I really dont even look at anymore, not just tf's. Shelflife beta is still testing or has started, not sure, but is an idea. I think has just started so I am curious as to how it works. Wouldn't mind making a list and taking pics of my stuff to sell off things I no longer need clogging my toy room.
I'd like to avoid craigslist/kijiji as well as meeting people.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
Sludge2007
Beasty

I've used kijiji before but usually turns into a gong show
Sludge2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

If you have lost your heart for TFs why not donate them. there is a great charity called the Matrix_Holder Plastic Crack enabler fund..its a worthwhile charity.

All kidding aside, play with them for a while and see if you still have the "old feeling" if not and you still want to get rid of them, look at selling here on kijiji or whatever. Good luck in looking inward and discovering what you want.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
Slayback
Animated

Been there - done that 2x. Sold off a crap load to pay bills so i stopped collecting because of the screwjob i got. I ended up putting them in boxes and left them in storage. 3-4 years later i got interested in some of the things again because of a different toy line. I also decided to cut out buying every single thing. I opened up the boxes i had in storage and am very happy i decided to store some of them. Now i'm getting rid of stuff that i really don't want and pick the stuff that i definitely DO want.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Keep them if you don't need the money. How many people have unloaded a ton of TF's only to buy them all back when the spark is back?

Answer: A shitload

Just pack em up and keep em.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
STI 2NV
Energon

I dont live far from you. I will come pick up your collection when ever your ready to liquidate!!!!!!
STI 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
skrilla 88
Jackass!

I, too, am considering unloading most of my TF collection. In the past, I've sold about 20 figures; took a break from collecting, only to get back in a year and a half later. It's like a disease man. I haven't been buying much since the overall quality of lines and their distribution has been pretty shitty. That, too, contributed to my lack of interest in transformers. I'm even thinking about keeping 2 or 3 figures, but that just might just keep to the door to collecting again. If you do unload, get rid of them all. Don't even watch the half hour advertisements. :P
skrilla 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
Autobot_Lancer
Robot in Disguise

If you have a classics skywarp I'll take it off your hands, I live in Edmonton so I could locally pick up
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #10
vohkuhl
Cybertron

I have random days like that and wonder was it worth getting into collecting (I started in 2011). However, I got into collecting because when I was younger my family couldn't afford such things. So as an adult with discretionary income I wanted to relive my childhood and actually enjoy the toys I always wanted (didn't even bother trying to get G1).

I swear I must have ADD but I do enjoy playing with the toys and I only feel this way when I'm in a drought or aren't looking for a specific item.