Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-09-2009, 01:37 AM   #41
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor
Re: New 2010 Transformers Video Game: War on Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I hope this is out before TFCon. I would love to play in a tournament with this at TFCon. And who knows, if it's not out by then, maybe our loving staff could get the developers to bring a demo to the convention. Like how at BotCon, Activision was demoing the ROTF game.
TFcon year 3 had a demo of the Transformers Armada game. And I agree with you it would be cool to have it at our show.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:45 AM   #42
dak
Master Creator

I think this might not be a new series. I think this is a game set out to be a War Within/ Stormbringer idea in video game form as sort of a lead up to G1, or quite possibly, yes, a new series. But if it were a new series, It would not have gone to print unless hasbro gave a word. If Hasbro says nothing about it, then chances are it's just a Pre earth game.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #43
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

I'm sure it will be just as crappy as every other TF video game out there, the legacy of shame lives on.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:01 AM   #44
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaveCA View Post
I'm sure it will be just as crappy as every other TF video game out there, the legacy of shame lives on.
Forever the optimist

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:27 AM   #45
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Hope this turns out good. ROTF is kind boring after a while and online game play is really really shitty.

so next year we will see, new TF cartoon toys, Universe/Classic 3.0 and maybe the game ones??? ouch...
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:44 AM   #46
chans formers
raff ow roud

i need to change my shorts

this game looks absolutely stunning!! i just pray they mechanics of the game end up like the control/combo style that's in god of war!!!!the pic that shows prime with his double bladed axe seals it!!!

can you guys imagine fighting a boss battle against a screen hogging thunderwing?hopefully it'll be another fight like the armada tidalwave fight.........(what???i can dream can't i??)
Old 12-09-2009, 02:52 AM   #47
pulsedragon20
I win

looks very good...will it be available for every system?
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:10 AM   #48
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
looks very good...will it be available for every system?
produced by activison, then i dont think there wil be a license battle for it. If it got crazy graphics then Wii would be out of the game.

I hope this game will be awesome but i am concerned in couple areas

1. "The game is said to be in development at High Moon Studios, developers of Darkwatch and The Bourne Conspiracy, and due for a 2010 release."
-I do not think any of these two games High Moon developed became a hits.

2. how long have them been developing this? Gears of War game play is awesome. but integrating transforming and alt mod roaming into this game might be difficult? They will need truly massive maps if it is not going to be free roaming.

i guess we will have to wait until the demo comes out. I am getting the game regardless if it's a win or fail.... i hope it's going to be good
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 AM   #49
SMOG
zombicon

That.... that's REALLY nice looking. There's something about those promo images that actually feels very oldschool, despite the fact that the designs are also clearly a mashup of Bayformer, War Within and classic styles. Who's responsible for these designs... it's an interesting direction.

If this game is any good, and becomes semi-popular, I could easily see us getting toys based on the game.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 AM   #50
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
Something interesting I noticed about them is that it looks like you can see the energon flowing through their bodies. I first saw this with Soundwave and then noticed that the others have the same look. Could be a new element to game play or just a cool design choice, either way I like it. And if there is going to be toys of these I can't wait to see how this "energon flow" will be done... light up leader class figures!
Well, it's a less intrusive way of showing how much damage a character's taken than having a health bar above their heads.

I have my doubts on whether or not there'll be Leader-class figures for this line, though. Classics, after all, never got anything above an Ultra (as a new mould, at least.) The Leader and Supreme classes seem to be reserved for lines with an associated movie or TV series pushing them; I suspect that if we get figures for this game they'll generally be Deluxes, Scouts and Voyagers, with maybe an Ultra or two thrown in for the bigger characters.

Tags
video game, war on cybertron