Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #41
primustf
Generation 1
Re: Transformers sale at Toys R Us Canada

First time poster here, just wanted to weigh in my 2 cents.
If your having trouble finding stuff at TRU check Walmart. They will price match the 30% off. I've done it at least 3 times now. If the regular sales person won't do it, just ask to speak with a manager. Just be prepared to bring in an actual flyer. One of the Walmarts near me required a physical flyer, the other one was fine with the online flyer on my phone.
I live in southern Alberta and my TRU seems to be just like every one else (although one of the employee's said they are expecting new stuff the first week or 2 of February). I managed to pick up Beast Hunters Optimus, Wheeljack and 2 of the new Bot Shots, Ironhide and Bumblebee, at Walmart with the 30% off.
primustf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #42
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by primustf View Post
First time poster here, just wanted to weigh in my 2 cents.
If your having trouble finding stuff at TRU check Walmart. They will price match the 30% off. I've done it at least 3 times now. If the regular sales person won't do it, just ask to speak with a manager. Just be prepared to bring in an actual flyer. One of the Walmarts near me required a physical flyer, the other one was fine with the online flyer on my phone.
I live in southern Alberta and my TRU seems to be just like every one else (although one of the employee's said they are expecting new stuff the first week or 2 of February). I managed to pick up Beast Hunters Optimus, Wheeljack and 2 of the new Bot Shots, Ironhide and Bumblebee, at Walmart with the 30% off.
That is rare as Walmart doesn't match percentages by policy, but would match whatever was shown. Anyway noting at the Woodbridge TRU. 1 GDO CJ, YOTD Optimus and 1 case of Wave 2 Prime voyagers. what a disapointment
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #43
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I've had different levels of success with different WalMarts regarding price-matching a flyer. Seems to depend on the store or who's working customer service at the time. I usually go direct to customer service rather than a regular till. Recently got a pricematch done on some Fisher Price little people, got the Batcave set for my daughter 30% off. "Bamah! Bamah!" So... worth trying?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #44
Spleenzorio
Generation 1
Spleenzorio's Ebay Auctions

Great news, too bad the Toys R Us (the so called biggest in Canada) here hasn't been restocked since like before Christmas.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #45
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

As previous poster said Walmart's policy is that they do not price match % off sales from other flyers. Sure you can occasionally get a customer service employee to do it but they're not supposed or obliged to.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #46
Woundave
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
As previous poster said Walmart's policy is that they do not price match % off sales from other flyers. Sure you can occasionally get a customer service employee to do it but they're not supposed or obliged to.
If you can take a pic on your phone of the price change posted in store they may be more willing.

Worked for me last night, got adjustments for bh optimus and laserback
Woundave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #47
primustf
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
Maybe the policies at my Walmarts are different. I've never had any issue. If the the employee wasn't sure they called a manager and were told to go ahead and do it. This could also be an old policy that they have recently changed.
Went in again today and found BH Bumblebee and Soundwave, and the lady didn't even blink and eye. Asked to see the flyer and then made the price change.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #48
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

What?! This doesn't make sense. How can they have a sale on Transformers if they have no Transformers to sell?
Old 02-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #49
Pax52
Generation 1

North side get anything yet I was able to get Prediking from south store
Pax52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #50
primustf
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax52 View Post
North side get anything yet I was able to get Prediking from south store
So your the one that pilfered Prediking
North side had nothing as of yesterday. They haven't even reset their displays yet. I got all my stuff from the south side.