Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #31
CBII
Animated
Re: Hasbro's masterpiece strategy is so frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxys View Post
Sadly, this is becoming more of a reality as the years pass. When something great comes from overseas (Mp 10) it usually gets scalped to death here. Thus, it becomes the same price as takara (mp 10.) The solution seems to be to "nut up" and buy the takara version. More often than not youll pay the same for lower quality figure, which also doesnt increase as much in the after market, AND takara's usually looks nicer anyways. Save yourself the headache

So....weres the soundwave and acid storm we were promised? Sigh.....
Ya sadly that's what happens, I lucked out with MP 10, got mine and couple extras for fellow collectors...but it was a PITA and time consuming. I'm really liking the fact MP tiger Tracks is in the mail now and comes to my door.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #32
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
Well put protoman!

It took a couple years of collecting for me to realize that I have the disposal income for such figures so just buy the damn things and get it over with.

Sadly I see far to my people without the extra cash trying to penny pinch (have to get it on sale to fit in there budget) like crazy to collect regular releases and the high end MP figures. Generally the same people also are pissed off when they miss out, have to pay more, or have to buy the Takara version. This is just a general observations so don;t everyone get all up in arms.
I penny pinch, but I do it where it's logical too. You wanna be cheap. Don't go nuts and shell out major cash for mainline toys. ALL THOSE PRIME TOYS WILL BE AROUND FOREVER AND CHEAP MUCH LATER.

You buy 4 deluxe Prime toys? Could not wait? Well you just spent more money then your cost for MP Lambor/Sideswipe that all this time you have been on the fence about because of Hasbro.

Get Lambor and have no worries.... oh and those Prime toys you skipped out on for Lambor? ..... SURPRISE, they are on clearance at Winners or in a bag loose for 5 bucks at TFcon.

If your going to roll, roll with a level head.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #33
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Makes me glad I'm not huge on buying every MP figure, sure I plan on saving up some cash starting now for the G2 Sideswipe, but I should have time to do this since I'd wager it's coming out in the Fall.

G2 Sideswipe I can see myself owning, buying all the MP figures isn't a must have thing. If I'm lucky I'll get Hasbro's Soundwave, if not I'll eventually find a way to own one if I really want one.

I wouldn't blame Hasbro on the Scalper issue where MPs are concerned, if they weren't so in-demand as high end collectibles there'd be nothing to complain about.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #34
Radiation74
Generation 1

When is soundwave coming out?
Radiation74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #35
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation74 View Post
If you're talking about the Hasbro one, I hear it's later this fall/early winter. I think they were saying something like October or November...but that can always change.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
nicoath
Underbase caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
I penny pinch, but I do it where it's logical too. You wanna be cheap. Don't go nuts and shell out major cash for mainline toys. ALL THOSE PRIME TOYS WILL BE AROUND FOREVER AND CHEAP MUCH LATER.

You buy 4 deluxe Prime toys? Could not wait? Well you just spent more money then your cost for MP Lambor/Sideswipe that all this time you have been on the fence about because of Hasbro.

Get Lambor and have no worries.... oh and those Prime toys you skipped out on for Lambor? ..... SURPRISE, they are on clearance at Winners or in a bag loose for 5 bucks at TFcon.

If your going to roll, roll with a level head.
This is a great point actually.
nicoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #37
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation74 View Post
july 27th release date according to tru computers, i could be wrong, but the guy that told me had no reason to lie

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #38
Nullray
IGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoath View Post
This is a great point actually.

Same story years ago with Alternators, Energon/Armada and Generations. Look at them now. Everything seems cyclical.

MPs are great and hope they keep coming but the anime lines have their appeal. lol Some people still love movie stuff and with the next movie coming to pass. Deja vu?
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote