Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: My frustration with Micro Changers (KRE-o)

i really wish i grabbed the ones i saw when i saw them. i havent seen them anywhere since =(

i really need at least the 4 guys to complete the combiner sets =(

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #22
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

I sence a topic to rant about on the next podcast

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #23
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Managed to find Bruticus and Devastator yesterday, along with Blast-Off.

The only guy who kept his vest was Brawl. His chest detail was nice but not really 'brawl' - he's pretty well pure olive anyway. Off all the other Constructions or Combaticons for same reasons mentioned - they have amazing chest detail. Scavenger's is pretty well bang-on what his original toy looked like. Meanwhile, Scrapper and Blastoff used the straight backpack part and look fantastic. I may try cutting Spinister's vest, just worried about it lookin' like crap. Any tips?

Didn't do a lot of modifications to either gestalt yet, but used Vortex's helmet for Bruticus and Mixmaster's for Devastator. Felt both shapes fit better than the suggestion. Didn't use the ANGRY face for Devy either, just a neutral one.

I think I'm going to give Spinister Swindle's helmet, the shape is closer to the actual toy. I might swap Galvatron and Swindle's heads - Swindle should be smirking.

Opinions on quality of the new microchangers? A few white wrist stress marks but they feel and look a lot better than the first year of Kreo. The paint detail is awesome. I'm not getting any additional sets but I'll collect kreons.

About my only gripe besides the vests is the lack of faceplates on most of the figures. Everybody basically has a mouth, and it throws me off with guys who classically have faceplates. Heck, Swindle was the only Combaticon to have a proper mouth in the day. Warpath having a mouth is weird. Vortex's helmet is great. Wonder if there's a reason they don't just paint on faceplates, or do more helmets with them? Jazz's helmet is great with the built-in visor, he's probably one of the most iconic looking.

Baby naps. I'm going to take her advice. Peace.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
wedge1021
Energon

I just got all the microchangers to date, and also do not like the full vests. However, I always hate to make any permanent alterations or customs to my figures, etc, so am not really jumping to trim down the vests. A pack of the plain backplates would be nice to find somewhere though. Then I can swap em out and keep the full vests just in case. They're 25 cents a piece from Lego's pick-a-brick service, and only come in grey...
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #25
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I'm in the same boat, Wedge, I have a hard time making those kinds of alterations. I changed the helmet out on Spinister at least. I didn't use Dirge's, he looks fine without his big wings.

Finally found some more blind packs, I have everybody I want except Bludgeon and Slingshot. Tho to be honest, I don't know how to make Superion much 'better' - he's gotta be the best out of the box for the combiners. Then I found the Starscream set for $13 at Winners. Picked it up for the kreon, and lots of gray pieces to do mods or make bases/displays with I figure.

It's worth noting that in all the pictures for the next couple waves that came outta Toy Fair, I only saw *one* kreon with an ugly vest, and that was Blades with the helicopter vest. IIRC nobody else had their chests covered up. Which is awesome. They keep improving on these, and some of the selections upcoming are amazing. G1 Arcee, Sharkticon. Plus there's a Nosecone --- Computron must be comin'. No Stunticons yet though. Stoked for Abominus.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #26
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber

I agree that it sucks that they cover up the painted detail, but you don't have to go hunting for lego capes or buying shapeways parts. Just take an xacto knife and cut off the front of the vest, right at the bend where the neck meets the chest. I takes about 3 seconds to do and you couldn't tell that the figure didn't come like that in the first place.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:45 AM   #27
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTwistR View Post
I agree that it sucks that they cover up the painted detail, but you don't have to go hunting for lego capes or buying shapeways parts. Just take an xacto knife and cut off the front of the vest, right at the bend where the neck meets the chest. I takes about 3 seconds to do and you couldn't tell that the figure didn't come like that in the first place.
I might try on Spinister. Without his chest detail he doesn't identify as the character so well. Can always buy another Bruticus and take Vortex's vest if I botch it.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #28
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTwistR View Post
Yes, I realize that, however I'm the kind of person that hates to cut up something I bought, even if it does make it better. Once it's done, there's no going back.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #29
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

The only Kreon who's vest I didn't trim is Warpath since they gave him a black body when he should be all red.

They really look much better. Especially guys like Scorponok; why they gave him the helicopter vest I'll never know!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #30
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions

Ive got all 4 combiners and the 5th members as well, i cut off the front of all the vests! They look so much better.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote