Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Where to get import toys for cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
i like robot kingdom personally
Ditto.

Amiami's discounted price seems tempting, but last time I shopped from them, they only use EMS/Fedex, which kills the discount plus more. The last thing I'd want to do is pay a rip-off brokerage fee. Their pricing is also based off the Yen, which can be pretty high at times, which adds to the cost.

HLJ's website and their customer service (or lack of it) has it's own reputation. They're not willing to admit mistakes, nor are they willing to fix problems at a higher level of customer service other online Transformers usually offer.

I've read of many gundam purchasers from HLJ who got the wrong item and they only remedy customer service gives is for the client to pay out of their own pocket to mail:
1. The wrong item back
2. The correct item to them
What a way to nickel 'n dime your customers so they'll never come back
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #12
Slayback
Animated

I deal with HLJ and Robotkingdom all the time. I've had issues with both and they both were pretty quick to fix my issues. In all fairness I also purchase larger quantities of stuff so that might have something to do with it. But so far service has always been good.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
Sabreweasel
Generation 1

Would it be better to order MP Sideswipe from one of the Japan suppliers or go for the Canadian retailers. Has anyone pre-ordered him or Soundwave, sorry to hijack a thred, I am still a bit new to this collection, and wouldn't mind finding the best deal.
Cheers.
Sabreweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #14
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreweasel View Post
Would it be better to order MP Sideswipe from one of the Japan suppliers or go for the Canadian retailers.
Actually I would be curious about that myself
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #15
Requateer
Armada

Anyone know how much shipping tends to be from Robot Kingdom, particularly around Ontario? Thinking about grabbing an item or two from them. They've got great prices on some stuff, but I wanna know if shipping could bite me in the ass like AmiAmi does occasionally.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #16
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

^ Just input in an order for the items you want (before processingit) and you'll see...
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #17
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

- http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...=TOY-TOK-02732

Been wanting this for a few hours, so... hah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #18
Slayback
Animated

if you order from the companies directly - its good. You might get bit by customs. I've been told by a canadapost employee that he notices all items that go through the vancouver or montreal offices - usually are the ones that get hit with the customs fees. (not always but often) Some companies may bend the truth for you on the pricing when it comes to mailing. Others will not. i was charged the other day at about $25 on $122 coming from the states -which went thru montreal.
There are some local buyers who will purchase the masterpieces and sell but because of the 'pre-order' rule that seems to not apply to stores-and only regular folk, they're not allowed to advertise. You wont avoid shipping and duty fee but generally prices are comparable. Shop aroud -chances are you'll find someone who's doing an order.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #19
protoform_ironhide
Commander

All websites like BBTS, RobotKingdom, Automaton, TFsource, HLJ has competitive prices. You can't really go wrong buying from any of them. Automaton has the best service from my online shopping experience, but with very limited stock to choose from. BBTS has a very good on hold system which allow u to keep your stuff in bulk for half a year. HLJ and Robotkingdom have very good price, but the shipping and tax just kills it and pains me everytime when I got my items... and shipping time tends to take longer. Overall, I usually choose BBTS as they have more variety to choose from. Not only they carry TF, but they also carry other stuff that I collect as well. You can cancel your preorder anytime you want with them, which is a big plus!
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #20
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

In regards to BBTS as long as you add stuff every couple months they will pretty much hold indefinitely.

There was just one Christmas when they asked people to ship, since they were running out of warehouse space. But they've moved / expanded since then.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote