Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-02-2016, 12:06 AM   #21
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Does anyone else hate this...

I think part of the problem is the internet itself. It hurts everyone including regular brick and mortar retail businesses. Where I work, I recently had a lady ask me to match USA pricing on something because on .COM she saw it cheaper. Everyone shops around online nowadays. Even if a store has a sale going on, people check the internet options. You're already there looking to buy so why drive around or order online to save a few bucks, IF you are even saving money with the other options, instead of buying right there while you are right there?!
I honestly think it's only gonna get worse.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:29 AM   #22
python
Alternator

Just remembered a few offers from before Christmas - anyone else had this lately? (I list items under $100 in US as well to be covered under base insurance - anything higher is Canada only.)

Guy (at least 3 I recall - different items) says along the lines of "I live in Canada - I want to buy in Canadian" so I advise I can make a new listing and quote what I'll do after conversion - each one of them is like "WTF dude - I want the USD price in CAD, It says $45 (USD) - I expect to pay $45 CAD"

Each one I replied "Good luck with that" and blocked them.

Seriously though - you want me to eat 40% because we live in the same country? ARG...
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:19 AM   #23
CanBot
Cybertron

My reply is always the same (if I even bother to reply, which most of the time, I don't):

Go buy it from there, then.

Tirekickers are entitled to kick tires, but my prices are my prices. Don't like em, don't buy.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #24
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I just got a message from one of these guys again and he says I'll pay 300 CDN and you pay for shipping. I already told him no before and he still messages me to say it.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #25
Pascal
Banned

300 CAD for Utopia? That guy is dreaming.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #26
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
300 CAD for Utopia? That guy is dreaming.
Yeah and he wanted me to pay the shipping from NB to ON
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #27
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I find it annoying as well. I'll be as polite as possible, and tell them if it really is that much better of a price, that they should jump on it.

What you paid doesn't always equal what someone else has paid. It's not often that black and white.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:25 PM   #28
Pascal
Banned

My favorite reply: "My friend once gave me his complete vintage G1 Megatron. Does that mean everyone is entitled to get one for free?"
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #29
Obliterator999
Generation 2
Obliterator999's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
Seriously though - you want me to eat 40% because we live in the same country? ARG...
You're gonna think I'm an idiot, but, as seller, I sorta do that. I have prices reserved for Canadian buyers (which are much cheaper) and have a different price list for US buyers.

So if I have a toy listed at $10 USD on an american site, generally I'll sell the same toy $10 CAD to a Canadian. My reasoning being that I don't expect buyers to be willing to pay that much more for the same identical hunk of plastic, not unless there's some rarety attached to it in which case I will do a more proper conversion. I dunno, it makes sense to me... Admittedly, I don't deal with items worth in the hundreds of dollars in which case the difference is far more significant, I'm sure I'd be less willing to lose the money.
Obliterator999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #30
Obliterator999
Generation 2
Obliterator999's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Does anyone else get really annoyed when you are trying to sell something and people make it a point to message you and say "I can get that new at such and such cheaper".
The only time I get upset with a seller's price is when they're selling a figure considerably higher than their retail price when it's still possibly available in store, if given the effort to look for it. I get how some figures are more desirable and valued higher than others but even then I find it very scalper-ishy and I hate that.

However I don't message them to whine about it. If I don't like a price, I either ask politely if they would accept to lower the price or look elsewhere, simple as that.
Obliterator999 is offline   Reply With Quote