Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Does anyone else hate this...

Does anyone else get really annoyed when you are trying to sell something and people make it a point to message you and say "I can get that new at such and such cheaper" and then when you look where they said the item is more expensive, there's still shipping on top of it, and duty they will have to pay?
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #2
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Does anyone else hate this...

Yes but they have never said where they get the item, they just say they can get it cheaper for it MISB. My answer is if you can then just but it there. Anyone will ask for things for less than what you may ask, which is fine, but they should at least be polite about it IMHO.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
Jargen
Generation 1

Normally when told that the item i try to sell is available somewhere else for a lower price, I ask for a link. If they don't respond then I assume they are full of crap, if they do give me something then the odds are that the shipping isn't included or the shipping is conditionally free (like TFSource)
Jargen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #4
laffy
Crossover

I agree fully, but lets flip this as well and I also cant stand when sellers ask for too much and they claim that they are the cheapest when in fact they aren't ..
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #5
Jargen
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
I agree fully, but lets flip this as well and I also cant stand when sellers ask for too much and they claim that they are the cheapest when in fact they aren't ..
Yea that is also a pain in the ass too. Even the ones that don't post a price and then give you an asking price if you contact them.
Jargen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #6
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Have to admit I haven't seen many of those. Does that happen often?
Old 03-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #7
elburrito
Animated

I find it irritating, embarrassing and pitiful anytime people refer to fictitious evidence to bolster what ever claim they are making.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:26 PM   #8
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I have even been told, I can get this item at (location name). Literally when I go tot he site and look the item is always more expensive, doesn't include shipping, tax, or duty, or sometimes some or all of those.

Yes the item may be MISB when mine is MIB, but the item is identical and if you are going to open it anyway then what's the difference? If you aren't, then why are bothering to tell me in the first place.

It's extremely annoying.

My example in question is the Maketoys Utopia I have for sale.

People keeping saying my MIB (never been played with or transformed) $350 US asking price is higher than a MISB they can buy online.

This is hilarious because I've been to every online store that sells him, including ebay and mine is cheaper than all of them.

For example:

BBTS $369.99 US MISB, plus shipping and duty. Even in the USA they don't offer free shipping

TFSource $399.95 US MISB (Free shipping because it's over $150, but only for the USA) Shipping to Canada, still not free, chance of duty.

Toy Arena $449.99 US MISB plus shipping (in both the USA and Canada) and duty.

Ages Three and Up $399.99 US MISB plus 9.99 US shipping plus tax

Amazon.com $530.00 US MISB free shipping in the USA (Shipping and import fees for Canada)

Amazon.com $600.00 US MISB free shipping in the USA (shipping and import fees for Canada)

Amazon.ca $670.00 CDN MISB plus 5.54 shipping chance of duty as it comes from China

Ebay.com and Ebay.ca - mine is the cheapest even when you factor in shipping. Mine is an asking price of $350.00 MIB plus $35 US shipping to Canada and $40 US shipping to the States.

Aliexpress.com $399.00 US MISB plus $105.41 US shipping, chance of duty

So it's just really annoying when people say I can get it cheaper and yet they keep emailing me or messaging me about it.

Am I out of line about it being annoying or is my asking price crazy since all I've done is break the tape on the inside plastic? Because the actual Utopia box doesn't come sealed.

Mine has never been played with, never been transformed, just opened and looked at, nothing more.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:34 PM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I don't think your out of line with it being annoying but take it with a grain of salt. Anyone who has sold anyting has always dealt with people asking for a lower price or a deal but at the end of the day it's up to you if you're going to sell it for the price they ask. If you do do great, if not then just let them know. No point in it bothering you as I'm sure many of us have been there and know similiar situations.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:48 PM   #10
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I don't think your out of line with it being annoying but take it with a grain of salt. Anyone who has sold anyting has always dealt with people asking for a lower price or a deal but at the end of the day it's up to you if you're going to sell it for the price they ask. If you do do great, if not then just let them know. No point in it bothering you as I'm sure many of us have been there and know similiar situations.
I get that, do you guys think my price is out of line? If it was you guys what do you guys think you would ask for it?

I'm just wondering because I've had two different people make an offer both I accepted their offers (which was less than my asking price) one on ebay and he never paid, and one on Facebook and he never paid. (There have been lots of offers, most plain just thinking I should give it away)