Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-11-2022, 09:48 PM   #31
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising
Re: Haslab Victory Saber qc issues

Mine arrived today. Boxed in a box in a box.

A bit busy to be mucking around with it tonight, but I'll open it sooner than later since QC issues are frequent enough.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 06:26 PM   #32
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

My replacement parts came in, thought I was getting 2 replacement shoulder cannons. I received them and an extra victory Leo. Thank u hasbro
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 06:27 PM   #33
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagephil View Post
My replacement parts came in, thought I was getting 2 replacement shoulder cannons. I received them and an extra victory Leo. Thank u hasbro
Sh*t I should really get on giving them all required info for my claim
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 06:49 PM   #34
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I would get on it my dude, take all the pics of ur issues that you have and send it to them.

Here is my replacement victory Leo, with shoulder cannons that peg. And my original one, with the one shoulder cannon that can't.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221214_1745100.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	53058  
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 03:38 AM   #35
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagephil View Post
I would get on it my dude, take all the pics of ur issues that you have and send it to them.

Here is my replacement victory Leo, with shoulder cannons that peg. And my original one, with the one shoulder cannon that can't.

A pretty good deal, all things considered.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:22 AM   #36
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post

Yeah man get on that right away.

Knowing Hasbro they'll have a limited window of time where they'll be wiling/able to make it right for you. However that may not be as much time as people think because this is a limited item and they probably didn't make that much "extra" for replacement issues.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 07:24 PM   #37
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Went through my Victory Saber set last night, and functionally it's completely fine.

I had to loosen the screws on Leo's forearms because they were hella stiff and wouldn't rotate for transformation initially. But everything else works fine for the most part and he's chilling in combined V-Star (?) mode right now.

The only "problems" I've noticed are...
- Holi's roof section won't rotate into position for alt. mode. I think the connecting piece was installed backwards. Will bring this up with Hasbro CS even if it's just a micro master.
- There's hairline scratches and nicks on Star Saber's face plate, and the right antenna is looser than the left.
- A bit of blue streaking on Star Saber's right leg.
- The chrome/foil gold on Saber's right leg was nicked out of the box.

The stand is super wobbly with trying to hold up the combined space ship. Leo jammed into the back really messes with the center of balance and makes even that much plastic in a stand feel weak.

I like being able to stuff the blade into Star Saber's legs for alt. mode. Almost missed that until I looked at Emgo's JTI to make sure I wasn't being a knob.

Hoping that Hasbro CS has loose pieces to send over regarding Holi and the cosmetic blemishes on my Saber (not expecting anything for the Star Saber head since it's nigh impossible to photograph).

Last edited by CyberDragon10K; 12-17-2022 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Getting details straight.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 10:04 PM   #38
The Nemesis
Alternator

I've had mine for like a week and nothing that's wrong with it is worth me addressing with hasbro. There's a tiny bit of gold flashing on Victory Leo's chest, away from the chromed sections. It's like someone stuck the foiling layer down and it didn't lift off clean in the areas that it wasn't supposed to adhere to. One of Star Saber's elbows is a bit loose so he can't hold his shield up in a bent-arm pose. A little floor polish will fix that though. The only thing that kinda frustrates me is that I have a bitch of a time getting the sword blade to stay in the hilt in every configuration. In one setup (blade turned so the flat runs along the side with the saber jet nosecone) it will eventually wedge in though it's prone to tilting/leaning. But if I try to do it so that the edge runs along the nosecone side it will not stay in at all. I would guess that you could shave down the connector portion/tang on the blade piece but I really don't want to go that far.

Honestly, after hearing the horror stories that some people ended up with I feel like I came away pretty darn good. My box itself is kind of dinged up in one corner which sucks, but I'm not so bummed about that it would require me to whinge to Hasbro about it.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:22 AM   #39
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Just opened my Victory Saber. Nothing missing or broken. The unboxing experience however was a very underwhelming. The illustrations look absolutely gorgeous, but whoever was in charge of designing the box itself should be fired. The slip cover idea was dumb, as it slides off the rest of the box way too easily (the slip cover on mine just remained stuck in the cardboard shipper box when I pulled the figure out). The tray for the weapons were face up instead of face down, so they were exposed when I opened the box (surprisingly nothing was damaged). Lastly and probably the worst, is the fact that they used those extremely tight plastic ties to keep the figures in place. The ties are great for keeping each figure stable in the box, the problem is that they strapped them over the chrome parts, which causes scratching on the chrome. My Star Saber has no scratching, but Victory Leo has a slight one. What I ended up doing is taking a piece of parchment paper and covering the chrome pieces and then holding the paper down with the ties (as I don't want to take the figures out just yet).

Overall, a beautiful set. Star Saber looks almost MP-ish. Leo, while simpler, still looks great. Definitely a good amount of painted parts on both. Even though it's pricey, I can see where the money went (sculpt, paint, materials, accessories). Definitely wish Hasbro could have boxed the set better though.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 12-18-2022 at 03:45 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 05:03 AM   #40
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Mine is great.
Thank god.
Gonna combine soon.
Enjoying both bots seperated.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote