Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: Beast Hunters: Worst Line Ever?

BH made me realize how much I miss my Animated toys.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #12
Marcotron
Robot Master

My issues are as follows:
Over the course of the final season of the TF:Prime series, subtitled Beast Hunters, there was exactly one dragon, and it took like 8 or 10 episodes for it to realize it could transform. I kept waiting for the season to go somewhere interesting and it just never did. The series ending Predacons Rising movie featured exactly two more smaller dragons of note including Skylinx who's now a bad guy in this iteration. I think the other one's name was Darksteel. True, there was a bunch of mindless zombie dragons on screen, briefly, but that doesn't make me want to buy any of these dragon toys that really just transform by standing up and pushing the head back to reveal a robot head. These toys just don't look like fun to transform, and they'd take up way too much room on my already crowded TF shelf.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #13
Marcotron
Robot Master

Almost forgot the wave of repaints with more spikey things added.

However, Ultra Magnus was the only toy that I would consider buying, and hopefully it has arrived at toys r us in store by now. He sortof reminds me of the G1 style with the shoulder mounted missiles and the chest piece, although I'm confused by the upside down Autobot logo on his chest.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #14
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I liked some of it, particularly the Beastformer Predacons.

I'd rank Armada, Machine Wars, and Beast Machines worse, personally.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #15
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

The Beast Hunters part of the TFP line is hit and miss for me, but my decisions are made on a per figure basis so that didn't bother that much. I personally like BW, and I do like dragons, so I did like most of the Predacons - though I mostly bought the Takara GO! versions due the better colours and paint apps. As for the Beast-Hunter-ized 'Bots and 'Cons, it depends on the figure. Since these incarnations have nothing to do with the show, I haven't bought very many of them - I like the occasional one for a standalone aesthetic, but I'll usually wait until it's on sale. I still haven't bought any of the Predakings as I've found it to be bland from a colour palette perspective - but like the other Predacon molds, I'm eyeing a couple of the repaints (Target Cryofire version, and the TF GO red version).

Besides some of the Cyberverse, my BH collection is mostly the Takara TF GO Predacons:

TF Go Gaidora (Lazerback/Vertebreak repaint)
TF Go Bakudora (Ripclaw repaint)
TF Go Budora (Grimwing/Darksteel repaint)
BH Riplclaw
Target BH Darksteel
Target BH Skylynx (I hated both the Skystalker and TF Go Judora colours)
BH Vertebreak
BH Knock Out

I'll agree that most of the Transformations of the Predacon molds are lame (except for Ripclaw), but I did buy most of them for the Beast modes anyways, and will be displayed as such.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
steamwhistle
Crossover

"Worst" or "Best" is subject to personal preferences and criteria.

Personally, I'm a G1 fan... having grown up with the "More Than Meets the Eye" and "Robots In Disguise" slogans. To me, the "beasts" aren't really much of a disguise. Neither is a truck with flames painted on it.

Admittedly, I haven't watched any of the cartoons beyond G1 (The Rebirth). That is the advertising which propels the desire for toys and toy lines. I might feel differently if I had watched / watch the other cartoons.

Then again, it's probably good that I haven't. I can afford to collect from another line
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #17
Hellboy
Alternator

I only care for the toys that had screen time... aside from Magnus, Prime and Smokescreen none of the other regular cast are in my collection. The weird colours and spikes on the "Beast Hunter" versions of the main cast are garbage IMO.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #18
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Haven't bought any but I haven't really bought any Prime either. Just looking in store though I mean, it's pretty obviously "here are some cars and robots you know" evolving into "here's the same toys with a bunch of crap on them." I'm a Beast Wars fan but none of the beast toys inspire a purchase.

I seriously will buy BH Ratchet, because he is inexplicably a Dinobot II homage (and I love me some Dinobot). But I still don't think he's a great looking toy with that awful color scheme.

I think it's just a WEIRD line more than a bad line. If kids buy it then hey, it wins. If not who knows. It's definitely strange. OTOH I'm okay with Hasbro taking chances and not recycling the same crap over and over again.

IMO the worst line was Beast Machines... Maximals. There ARE some great toys in the line but so many of the Maximals are just terrible toys, not representative of the show at all, insane issues with scale (which normally, who cares, but Nightscream and supreme Cheetor were unplayable). The Vehicons were fucking great but the Maximals tanked the line.

And even then they had to go release a shittier version of TM2 Megatron (one of my favorite toys ever, easily one of the best BW toys ever).

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #19
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

BH line is a hit and miss for me. I only have a couple and they are all Predacons. The Autobots just look hideous IMHO.

Oh well it is better than the DoTM deluxes. There, I've said it (running away )

TF Go is even wosrt and I have bought exactly none. Money saved.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
Rev
Addict

I think people are on to something with the voyagers being cool and the smaller figs being just ugly or weird. BUt I'm thinking that if I'm a kid, I'd love them.

Looking at the collection in my cabinet right now and the voyagers stand out: Optimus, UM, Shockwave, Predaking, and that green one, are all pretty sweet. I also have the large Optimus and Predaking and I think they are fantastic. I could do without that large black circle and Optimus' back, but other than that he is great to pose and is well proportioned and big as hell. Predaking looks great in dragon mode with those huge wings. I've never actually transformed him, for that reason. And then there are the predacons, which are cool to display in dragon mode. Overall I think it is a decent line. That being said, I'm not completing it, like I did with Prime. Why? Because I'd rather spend money on MP and 3rd party toys from here on out. Less toys, better toys.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote