Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #31
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: All with Animated, what's your take?

hopefully within the next couple weeks

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #32
AUTOMATON
Mariomus Prime

So far I have the four Deluxes: my favorite is Optimus(the "multi-configuration" axe is pure love); followed very closely by Lockdown(he's huge and mean for a Deluxe). I love the designs, they're very refreshing while not too kiddish. And the transformations are quite simple, but innovative overall.

Lockdown has a cool look and the deployable shurikens were a nice surprise. Haven't opened my Bumblebee yet!

For those it might interest: we have secured a small quantity of Animated Deluxes at Automaton Toys; they're in stock as we speak.

www.automatontoys.com
AUTOMATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #33
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
hopefully within the next couple weeks
Hopefully.

I want Starscream so bad. He's my favourite character in Animated and I can't wait for his toy.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:26 PM   #34
Incepticon
Double Agent

I honestly think I have bi-polar disorder when it comes to Animated. I went from completely hating the new design aesthetic to absolutely loving it; so much so that it managed to even trump my excitement for Classics 2.0.

But now I'm somewhere back in the middle. After buying the Wave 1 figures last week, I can't decide whether or not I'll actually be committing to this series. For as much as I love the engineering and the way they translate so well from show to toy, I'm again feeling that they're just *too* kiddy looking. The colors, the shapes, the bot mode body features such as faces... it's (again) feeling more like Transformers For Tots than just Transformers. If that makes sense. Whereas past Transformers have the ability to look, I don't know, respectable (?) in the right surrounding & display setup, Animated just screams "toys for children!" to me... more so than any past TF figures I've ever bought.

And that's not me ragging on the line or anything. It's a GREAT line for what it is. I just don't know if it's a line for me. I tend to like the more quasi believable looking, warrior robot machines side of things in terms of style, design & color, so I guess that's why I'm still caught up in G1 & Classics so much - not overly real & alien like the Movie but not overly toon & childish like Animated.

So yeah, I'm not sure what my final verdict will be. At the very least, I appreciate Animated for what it is, which is more than I can say for my views of any other mainline TF series since G1. There is indeed *something* to this line... I just don't know yet if it's enough for me to commit to investing in by collecting. Guess I should decide soon since the product insanity has just started
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #35
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
anyone know when the first wave of animated voyagers are being released in Canada?
They are already out in Canada!

I love these figures! I got bumblebee and optimus prime, they are awesome! Also just got starscream, and it is a cool voyager figure! I got to say you have to buy them all!
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:17 AM   #36
noodle
...in a cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
They are already out in Canada!

I love these figures! I got bumblebee and optimus prime, they are awesome! Also just got starscream, and it is a cool voyager figure! I got to say you have to buy them all!
Voyager Animated Figures? such as Starscream, Megatron and Bulkhead...
Old 05-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #37
Wodicus
Beasty

So far I only have Optimus Prime, Prowl and Lockdown, I seem to keep missing the restocks and thus I keep missing Bumblebee. However, from what I've seen so far I love this line, originally i wasn't going to collect much, only a few choice figures, but now I can't wait for the next batch to arrive.

I am really impressed with this line so far, the way each figure transformers is very cool and I think it is very impressive just how Hasbro has been able to maintain both a show accurate ALt and bot mode. Very impressive indeed. Then on top of all of that the toys are also very possable, all very very nice work.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #38
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Voyager Animated Figures? such as Starscream, Megatron and Bulkhead...
Yes sir! No kidding, go check out the stores. We have it in BC!
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #39
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I had a chance to open Lockdown last night and though I would share some impressions.

The Good:
- Big...really big for a deluxe. As imposing of a bot as he was in the cartoon.
- Great Vehicle mode
- Solid transformation with a good amount of articulation.
- Liked the hook accessory with the 'up-grade' of the blaster.
-Vehicle mode is potentially one of the coolest car modes that we have seen so far.

The Bad:
- The hands. I can see why people have broken them. Listen to the warnings people; I didn't break mine, but only because people have mentioned them as an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon
But now I'm somewhere back in the middle. After buying the Wave 1 figures last week, I can't decide whether or not I'll actually be committing to this series. For as much as I love the engineering and the way they translate so well from show to toy, I'm again feeling that they're just *too* kiddy looking. The colors, the shapes, the bot mode body features such as faces... it's (again) feeling more like Transformers For Tots than just Transformers. If that makes sense. Whereas past Transformers have the ability to look, I don't know, respectable (?) in the right surrounding & display setup, Animated just screams "toys for children!" to me... more so than any past TF figures I've ever bought.

I agree that the style is very kid friendly, but that is where it stops for me. The engineering is top notch on these figures and that, with the stylized look, is why I am loving this line so much, but I also loved GI Joe Sigma 6, so that may say something about my personal taste. I also never liked the look and feel of the Fast Action Battlers because they felt very 'kiddy'.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #40
noodle
...in a cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
Yes sir! No kidding, go check out the stores. We have it in BC!
did you find them @ TRU or Walmart? or @ a local 'mom and pop' hobby store?