Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-28-2021, 03:57 PM   #131
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
Now, we don't know that this is what's happening, but it's exactly what went through my mind when I was waiting for preorders.

There is the potential for exploitative business practices here, so I am asking the mods to allow this thread to remain active, so that collectors can be warned.
It's 20 months since I started the thread and multiple folks are still having the same issues. Tells you everything.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:34 PM   #132
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
Are you sure? Because that's what you just did.
I guess you didn't bother to read the "I'm not for nor against his policies, but websites have them for a reason."
I'm not defending him personally, I am defending websites rights to their terms that you agree to when you make a purchase. If you order something and it keeps getting delayed and you write an email "I want a refund" and that's the most polite way you can write it, I can understand his hesitation to decision to adhere to his policy terms. Where I work, I would just refund the whole thing and be done with it.
My post isn't about me agreeing with his decision in this particular instance, honestly I dont get why he'd keep the hassle by not refunding fully, but I will defend his right to his policy terms and how he implements it.
People always want to pass the blame. If you don't like someones policies on their site, buy elsewhere and stop being a baby about it
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:39 PM   #133
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I guess you didn't bother to read the "I'm not for nor against his policies, but websites have them for a reason."
I'm not defending him personally, I am defending websites rights to their terms that you agree to when you make a purchase. If you order something and it keeps getting delayed and you write an email "I want a refund" and that's the most polite way you can write it, I can understand his hesitation to decision to adhere to his policy terms. Where I work, I would just refund the whole thing and be done with it.
My post isn't about me agreeing with his decision in this particular instance, honestly I dont get why he'd keep the hassle by not refunding fully, but I will defend his right to his policy terms and how he implements it.
People always want to pass the blame. If you don't like someones policies on their site, buy elsewhere and stop being a baby about it
I guess until it happens to you, you wouldn't understand. These are shit business practices, and if you think otherwise, then that's on you.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #134
Solauren
Generation 1

I have cancelled my ER preorders off NOrthmen now.

If they have stock in store, they are awesome.
Preorders, not so much.
Solauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:51 AM   #135
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Ugh, had another run-in with these guys again recently. Paid for a preorder in August. No updates about the order ever, every time I ask about the figure, the response I get is "preorder dates aren't set in stone" and "the distributor won't give further information". The item that I purchased has released in multiple stores months ago (at both North American and international retail) and has sold out at these other stores too. I finally get tired of waiting and ask for my preorder to be refunded and NMC tells me that since I paid with Paypal, I'm not entitled to a refund because it's been more than 6 months. They offer store credit, but this wasn't what I wanted (mainly because I don't want to purchase anything from them again because of their rudeness and negligence). I sent back a dissatisfied email to them telling them that this wasn't what I asked for (maybe I questioned their business practices too). This dude writes back a fucking, I kid you not, 10 paragraph email telling me that basically this was my fault for not asking for a refund sooner and this is not their fault because everything is out of their hands (the tone the email is written in is just flat out rude). Also, he put 100% of the blame on Paypal because they shouldn't have a policy that doesn't help customers after 6 months. The funny thing is the policy he's speaking of is for opening disputes, it has nothing to do with the sellers ability to issue a refund. So basically, he's using PayPal's dispute policy to hide behind so that once that period is up, he's free to keep the money and doesn't have to answer to Paypal. He literally could have just issued a payment back to me using PayPal (which I asked if he'd be willing to do), but his response was "if I do that for you, I'd have to do that for everyone else". Why is that my fucking problem? You took my money, sent me nothing, then try to issue me store credit which locks me into buying something from your incompetent store (I kid you not, probably more than half of the items on NMC are just preorders, of which many of those figures have already been released elsewhere). I can't stand dealing with them anymore. All I can say is please don't waste your money or time there.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 02-25-2021 at 04:00 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:52 AM   #136
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I finally get tired of waiting and ask for my preorder to be refunded and NMC tells me that since I paid with Paypal, I'm not entitled to a refund because it's been more than 6 months. They offer store credit, but this wasn't what I wanted (mainly because I don't want to purchase anything from them again because of their rudeness and negligence).
It might be a long shot, but why not try contacting PayPal and see if you can still get that refund?
Old 02-25-2021, 06:06 AM   #137
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
It might be a long shot, but why not try contacting PayPal and see if you can still get that refund?
I tried opening a case on the website and they denied me. I could try calling.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:34 AM   #138
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Ugh, had another run-in with these guys again recently. Paid for a preorder in August. No updates about the order ever, every time I ask about the figure, the response I get is "preorder dates aren't set in stone" and "the distributor won't give further information". The item that I purchased has released in multiple stores months ago (at both North American and international retail) and has sold out at these other stores too. I finally get tired of waiting and ask for my preorder to be refunded and NMC tells me that since I paid with Paypal, I'm not entitled to a refund because it's been more than 6 months. They offer store credit, but this wasn't what I wanted (mainly because I don't want to purchase anything from them again because of their rudeness and negligence). I sent back a dissatisfied email to them telling them that this wasn't what I asked for (maybe I questioned their business practices too). This dude writes back a fucking, I kid you not, 10 paragraph email telling me that basically this was my fault for not asking for a refund sooner and this is not their fault because everything is out of their hands (the tone the email is written in is just flat out rude). Also, he put 100% of the blame on Paypal because they shouldn't have a policy that doesn't help customers after 6 months. The funny thing is the policy he's speaking of is for opening disputes, it has nothing to do with the sellers ability to issue a refund. So basically, he's using PayPal's dispute policy to hide behind so that once that period is up, he's free to keep the money and doesn't have to answer to Paypal. He literally could have just issued a payment back to me using PayPal (which I asked if he'd be willing to do), but his response was "if I do that for you, I'd have to do that for everyone else". Why is that my fucking problem? You took my money, sent me nothing, then try to issue me store credit which locks me into buying something from your incompetent store (I kid you not, probably more than half of the items on NMC are just preorders, of which many of those figures have already been released elsewhere). I can't stand dealing with them anymore. All I can say is please don't waste your money or time there.
I had heard a few good reviews about NMC in my Star Wars group recently, so I thought maybe they were under new management or something, but clearly not.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:21 AM   #139
BeeTrain
Beasty

I have 2 preorders here I am trying to cancel as they are past the planned released date and now available at general retail. Fingers crossed....
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:42 AM   #140
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
I have 2 preorders here I am trying to cancel as they are past the planned released date and now available at general retail. Fingers crossed....

if youre within paypal timeline for refund request then bypass NMC and go straight to PP

why bother with nmc if you dont have to
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote