Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-26-2022, 11:07 PM   #1
Vorahk
Energon
Dollarama Dino combiner!

Behold brutidinocus? He?s the newest tf knock offs at dollarama. Despite being made with stupid cheap plastic he?s actually pretty sturdy. The names are rage(rex), horns(tricera), blade(stego), hunt(ptero), and last is slush(bronto).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11C979D5-7B3F-438F-830C-C70622E90B41.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	51119  
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 12:11 AM   #2
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Dollarama Dino combiner!

Had posted a few pictures a few weeks ago...

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showp...ostcount=57498

The dino mode are really nice looking.. the robots are a bit crappy, the combined mode... well, I've seen a lot worse.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:15 AM   #3
Vorahk
Energon

Oh man totally didnt even see that! Sorry about that man. I own the actual 3rd party dino combiner and i like the colors the knock offs have. They definitely cut alot of corners with the figures though, but still enjoyable.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:59 AM   #4
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Don't forget these guys.
Need those dinos now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220122_215758.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	51146   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220122_212531.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	51147   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220122_213537.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	51148   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220122_210959.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	51149  
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:56 AM   #5
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

That purple gun is awesome. It's a working dart gun and actually forms a pretty good robot with working knees and elbows and everything. The shoulders are loose as hell, but that can probably be fixed.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:15 AM   #6
Aynewbie
Generation 1

Got the purple gun too and really like it! Haven’t transform yet but good size and shoots decent!

Can those Dino combiner feet be used for CW combiner? Size seems good but not sure if it support tilt?
Aynewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #7
Vorahk
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aynewbie View Post
Got the purple gun too and really like it! Haven?t transform yet but good size and shoots decent!

Can those Dino combiner feet be used for CW combiner? Size seems good but not sure if it support tilt?
Doubtful cause if I remember correctly CW feet were pegs into the connection while the knock off dino feet is two circle pegs that connect into the bots(they have little grooves the connection slides into).
Old 01-28-2022, 01:48 AM   #8
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Hahah, a KO of a third party--I believe TFC designed--homage to the dinobots. For those interested, here's a pic of the originals in a non-power-ranger color scheme. They're a bit of a floppy mess, but cool enough if used only for display.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:29 PM   #9
Marcotron
Robot Master

I got this set too.
The middle Red Dino is shrunken down, so the arms of the combiner look humungous and hang down a lot. Also, the red dino head has to turn around to transform it, and mine had some plastic impeding that, so I have to pop it off and put it back on.
And the wing of the Pterodactyl won't stay in the hole in combined mode.
But other than that, it's a fun throwaway thing for my kids to play with.
It cannot hold the weapons at all in combined mode. It's hilarious they didn't even try to make it work. A peg hole or something would have been enough.
For $20 total, not bad.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:51 PM   #10
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorahk View Post
Oh man totally didnt even see that! Sorry about that man. I own the actual 3rd party dino combiner and i like the colors the knock offs have. They definitely cut alot of corners with the figures though, but still enjoyable.
Oh, no trouble at all, it's all good and I'd even suggest that we should create a Dollarama thread as there's been quite more showing up lately I find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Don't forget these guys.
Need those dinos now.
Almost got the train one but just too small for scale with my stuff, but nice to see them, I wasn't even sure they did combine.

The dart gun one I had posted last year or so about it, and it's great to see it still showing up in stores as it's an actually decent toy. Plastic is not bad, the engineering isn't the greatest, but the gun part works pretty well... it created a mess at my house and we ended up with dart battles for months after that (as it lead to us getting actual "big/real" dart guns).

The construction one is shampoo bottle plastic and very cheaply done (they are all the same except for the top weapon part) and it took me a bit to sort out the partforming to combine... but still fun.