Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-04-2008, 02:29 AM   #11
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: All with Animated, what's your take?

Love them so far, but then again I have them still sealed... waiting for a rainy day to bust them open to play
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:18 AM   #12
ohnaji
Beasty

Got Prowl, Prime and BB. I'm most impressed with Prime, in terms of engineering and the overall look. I currently have him in a Conanesque action pose where both of his hands are holding the axe weapon. Every time I look at it I can hear Basil Poledouris's iconic soundtrack. The only issue I have with this figure is the scale, but that really is such a minor point. The voyager version can not come any sooner.
Prowl has tremendous articulation. In my opinion he's about 90% show accurate. Once again scale is somewhat an issue, because it's proportions aren't consistent with at least BB. It's a taller figure than BB, but when the heads are compared, Prowl definitely looks out of place. I wish we got a wider range of movement from it's waist joint, and the ball joint for the toes can't be manipulated too much to stabilize balance very well. Usually, when I put this figure in an action pose, it's resting on its inner soles. I find this figure to be easily toppled because of this. The automorph shuriken are fun, but I wish there was a better way to have Prowl wield them and of course the traffic light weapon accessory is as lame you'd imagine it to be. It's almost as if Hasbro decided to include it to meet some plastic quotient in order to elevate this figure from basic to deluxe class. I had to exchange my first Prowl purchase because of defects. The chest wouldn't snap into the tab in robot mode and the bike handles didn't fold in properly. Save those receipts. Fun toy nonetheless.
Prime is most impressive but BB is my favourite. I feel it most reflects the artistic intent of the series more so than any other figure released so far. The engineering is completely audacious, by over complicating a seemingly simple transformation. It's not difficult to transform, just really 'creative'. As resourceful the construction of this figure is, I do have gripes. I wish ball joints were used for the elbows, or at least a swivel joint was used. The arms don't have much dynamic possibilities beyond forming the main stinger weapon. The stingers should have been hidden better when pushed into the forearm. Like the Ultimate BB last year, this figure has monstrous amounts of plastic on the lower feet, It doesn't limit articulation for most poses, but it looks bad. The hip joints don't swivel horizontally limiting range of movement. The head is somewhat puzzling, since it tilts whenever it turns left or right. This just looks weird. Regardless, BB is still really fun to have, and really a must have for animated collectors. The same can be said for Prime and Prowl.
Fantastic start to this Toyline. I'm not a big fan of the actual animation designs, but these toys are incredible.
I'm still on the fence on whether or not Lockdown is worth a purchase. From what I've seen it looks pretty cool, or at least the alt mode does. Love to hear more about it.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:19 AM   #13
Batman
The Dark Knight

I have all four. Quality control on these are pretty bad though. I had to sift through 5 or 6 Primes to find one with a properly painted windshield. My Lockdown has all kinds of scratches on his matte finish and some weird white residue that I managed to get off, and I had to exchange my prowl because his shoulder pin was not inserted all the way so his arm just flopped all over. Now my new prowl's visor is only half painted, but I can fix that.

All of that though does not stop these from being awesome figures. I love how in both modes they are so simple looking, but the Transformations are so creative and involved, plus they look like they walked right out of the TV. The poseability is amazing and Primes axe is one of the coolest weapons ever. Prowl overall is my favourite, I just love his look and how the wheels work.

Overall the line is off to a great start and I can't wait to get more, I just hope the QC gets better.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #14
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

lockdown is definately worth picking up, the accessories are sweet, and i'm pretty sure the emp generator can go on ratchets arm as well

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #15
Bumblebee78
Robot Master

Bought the 4 of them and I am not disappointed! The paint could be a little more accurate in some places but nothing that can't be fixed.

Really looking forward to finding some new ones in stores. The hunt is on!
Bumblebee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #16
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I have to say that so far, this is my favorite series since Alternators.

Deluxe Bumblebee:

BB is kick ass. The transformation is amazing. I am in awe how they got that big of a bot into that small of a car. The only gripe is with the stingers not folding all the way back into the arms like they look like they should. Nothing a little shave can't fix.

Deluxe Prowl:

Prowl is wow! This has been the only retail purchase so far, as I have not seen any of the others yet. First the negatives: For me he suffers from "I can't stand up unless I am in a certain pose"-itis. The traffic light extra seems out of place... why is it there? The ninja stars are hard as hell for me to unclip. Even with these negatives, I would probably put Prowl at or near the top of my list of favs so far. Again, a marvel of toy engineering. The way they crammed a show accurate bot like that into a motorcycle is... well... wow!

Voyager Starscream:

A very good figure here as well. Decent bot, decent alt mode. Mine requires a fair bit of pressure to get the transformation right, but hopefully that is a one off and not a major issue with the toy. The colours are my only gripe with this toy. It looks like Thundercracker fro god's sake! Is it so hard to give Starscream... I don't know... Starscream colours? Other than that... this Thundercracker is a proud part of the Animated collection.

Voyager Bulkhead:

Like everything else, great in both modes. I really like the transformation on this guy as well. The scale of the alt mode is not too bad with the others in the series, but the bot seems well... tiny. I get the whole concept of him being a bulky (heh) figure, but in this scale, the others seem to be too large in comparison. I'm glad there is a leader version coming out down the road. Don't get me wrong though, this is still a great toy. So, good infact, that my son has kidnapped him and proudly displays him on his bookshelf. He also like to try and bash the others with him... I think I need to get an extra Bulkhead.

Voyager Optimus Prime:

To quote from my Prowl comments... WOW! Bot and truck are really good. I'm glad this one has a faceplate. To me Prime is not Prime without it... but that is just my opinion. The automorph gimmick is fun enough, with the twisting legs during its transformation. Only negatives here are that the axe looks odd, and actually takes away from both modes. The water-gun/blaster works on the truck mode, but seems like an add-on accessory to the bot. However, when Op is all un-accessorized... in-croy-able!

That is it so far. Overall, the toy designs deserve major kudos for this line. They have really brought back the robots in disguise gimmick with a vengance. Great alt modes, excellent show accuracy. Animated is shaping up very well so far. Could this be the next golden age?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #17
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Missing paint apps? Compared to the show or compared to what the toy is supposed to have?
Both. For example, Bumblebee is missing the black stripe on his right leg. It's on the animation model, and it's on the photo shown on the toy packaging, but it's not on the final product. It really should be there. Prime is missing a few silver and yellow details too. They are minor but would have added quite a lot to the finished pieces.

Sayonara.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #18
Autovolt 127
Animated

I have only two

Deluxe cybertronain Optimus prime and Bumblebee.

Optimus prime has a cool alt-mode,Gimmicks and good amount of Posibility, I like him alot. His Alt.Mode is like a Mitsubushi Feso concept Truck.

Bumblebee is a fun little figure, his transformation back to vechicle mode kinda ticks me off but he is fun. His Alt.Mode looks like a Toyota Yaris.

Can't wait to buy Prowl and Lockdown.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #19
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

I always thought BB looked like a Yaris with a Civic's front.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #20
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Yeah I love their figs for reasons already stated by others (innovative, intuitive transformations, different style, etc.) but their quality control so far is seeming terrible, worse than the movie figs which was pretty darn bad.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote