Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-22-2008, 04:07 AM   #121
ohnaji
Beasty
Re: All with Animated, what's your take?

This week I picked up Animated Voyager Prime, and both Animated Leader figures. I'm really impressed with all three of them.
Prime just looks amazing. The articulation is top notch, although an unencumbered swivel joint above the knee would've allowed for better more dynamic poses like on Animated Voyager SS. The weapon is a bit too abstract for my tastes, but it's huge and when mounted on the back makes it look like a funky jet pack.
Bulkhead has probably the most well thought out transformation sequence of any leader figure since movie leader Brawl. It has a great sculpt to boot, along with great articulation. I can't get the expression gimmick to work properly. I'm not sure if it's because of a weak spring or stiff pin joints. Regardless, it's a great toy that's actually in scale with other figures.
Megatron is sculpted really well in its Leader incarnation and has really good articulation. It's knobby knees are somewhat unsettling, but it's a minor gripe. Pascal has mentioned the transformation is really simple, and I have to agree. Voyager SS also has a simple transformation, but it's a lot more eloquent and satisfying. As a bonus, Megs' sword can also be used with Voyager and DLX Prime, that's a badass feature and it looks fantastic.
So far, this toyline has exceeded my expectations. It's a bit of a shame that these characters don't look as cool on the actual show.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #122
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade83 View Post
Realistically, what purpose would breasts even serve on a robotic lifeform ...

This is so not the reaction I was going for -_-
The same could be said about a head, mouth, nose and eyes on a robotic lifeform. It's all aesthetic, trying to appeal/correlate with human psyche of what a man or woman should look like.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #123
-KG-
Kranix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
The same could be said about a head, mouth, nose and eyes on a robotic lifeform. It's all aesthetic, trying to appeal/correlate with human psyche of what a man or woman should look like.
This is the reasoning behind the design of the movie robot modes.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #124
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Now taht I have some more, I just wanna add to the list.

Bulkhead Voyager: My favourite toy next to Sky-byte. Flawless fig.

Starscream: Pretty damn close up there with Bulkhead. Very nice, posable. Another winner.

Ratchet: Amazing. Looks like he stepped right out of the show.

Blackarachnia: Good. My least favourite Animated Deluxe, but that's saying very little as I think they're all fantastic.

Voyager Megs: Forgettable. It's not his fault. He's good, but compared to everyone else...

Leader Megatron: Best. Megatron. Toy. Ever. He is the perfect example of Animated perfection. Vehicle mode is huge and badass to the point of ridiculousness. His robot mode is fun, playable, posable and gimmicky, but not too much to intrude on any other aspects. 99.9% show-accurate robot and vehicle modes, 100% accurate and fun transformation. Spinning geared rotor are so much fun and the connection between the wings and arms in genius. Mouth and expressions are awesome but not so apparent as to comprimse the face sculpt. I actually like the sounds and the transformation noise is a mega-plus. Swords, FTW. I even like the cannon firing gimmick with the pull back hammer-type-deal.

Also, posted this on TFW, but I'll post these here to puncuate my sentence explaining his awesomeness. But since there's a minimum of 15 images per post here, I'll just provide a link.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 06-22-2008 at 11:14 AM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote