Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 05-12-2016, 01:06 AM   #1
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Thumbs up DX-9 Mightron

The Supreme Leader, Mightron has landed

Just a short review.

I don't particularly care for DX-9 stuff or about collecting Legends scale figures. I'm all about MP and G1 and WST. But this thing is the exception. This figure is now my favorite Megatron

Let's start...

This box is a work of art. Love the throwback to the Takara style G1 box art. It's very heavy duty card board too. Not cheap. A nice surprise. Btw, all pics of the gun mode on the box had orange tape placed over them. Also the gun tip on the figure itself. Just peeled right off. BBTS is apparently gluing in an orange wooden plug

When you open it, it's just a thing of beauty.

Sorry about the blurry pic. The figure is a great representation of Megatron. His face sculpt is perfect. His chrome is stunning. Even had diecast feet.

As far as articulation, pretty decent for it's scale. The arm articulation is limited and the fusion cannon is stuck in the sideways position from what I can tell. The ball joint legs are loose already on mine but whatever. Future to the rescue.

I like how they handled the backpack.

Ok. Gun mode. Which is the mode I am most interested in. Wow! This is not floppy at all. It feels like one cohesive solid unit. The gun handle also has a rubbery feel to it. Well done DX-9. The transformation, genius.

Comparison pic with Apollyon, WST Megatron and the Megatron gun included with MP Soundwave.

And with G1 Megs.

For the price of $70, it's a little high but IMO worth it if you are a G1 Megatron nut like me. I would buy every repaint of this. Black Megatron, Megaplex...bring it!

Thanks for reading

Multi
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:23 AM   #2
optimusb39
Animated
Re: DX-9 Mightron

This looks amazing for its size. So how come has/tak cant design sonething this good at an mp scale? Why give us c an anorexic mp 5 megs?
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:07 AM   #3
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Man....copy right infringement!!!
Lolo
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:22 AM   #4
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

You just had to do it didn't you? You just HAD to do it!. The temptation, the insanity, the great review and it's Megs. And now the early morning message has been to you know who as of this post to get one. Thanks a lot Multi! Great review and thank you
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:45 AM   #5
Rev
Addict

Great review!
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #6
MULTIPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
You just had to do it didn't you? You just HAD to do it!. The temptation, the insanity, the great review and it's Megs. And now the early morning message has been to you know who as of this post to get one. Thanks a lot Multi! Great review and thank you
Hehe. No one's putting a gun to your head...oh wait

One of the known issues with this guy is due to the "tight" transformation, some parts are rubbing together and you get scratches to the silver paint. To me, it's not significant and i have noticed a few areas with scuff marks but to others it may be a show stopper. For what you get in the end is a really cool transforming gun toy that just happens to look exactly like Megatron

Btw I want to comment on the plastic quality. Very high quality plastics are used on this figure except one area, the ball joints on the feet. Well it's not that they aren't high quality, it's that one of the feet are really tight. Twisting it is a little scary cause you can feel the ball joint giving a little. Had to work it in a bit. May need to add a dab of silicon grease to help loosen it up. Otherwise, really pleased, from a materials perspective.

Imagine a MC-12 Diaclone version. All black with blue accents.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #7
DuG
Titanium

Great review, you are making it very tempting to pick up. Maybe I'll grab one at TFCON.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:54 AM   #8
MULTIPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
Great review, you are making it very tempting to pick up. Maybe I'll grab one at TFCON.
Well let's see...

DuG's Checklist
  • Legends scale
  • Decepticon

Yup. Meets your requirements
Old 05-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #9
DuG
Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Well let's see...

DuG's Checklist
  • Legends scale
  • Decepticon

Yup. Meets your requirements
That it does however I find the DX9 Legends larger than the Iron Factory and Hasbro legends figures which is why I've stayed away from getting them.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:22 AM   #10
MULTIPLEX

Had to add the Decepticon logo. This is Megatron now.