Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 05-02-2016, 12:18 AM   #1
elburrito
Animated
OX Jaguar

This is the same folks who made Sphinx and again they do not disappoint. It is Ravage but big. Probably a little too big for MP scale junkies, but somehow it works.

Start with a 1:1 cassette tape and definitely end up with Ravage. The transformation take some cues from the MP, but is it's own thing. It's quite organic in the sense that if shaken long enough, the transformation may just happen.

Not to say it is not complex, because it is quite so. There are too many points of articulation to describe. The result holds together well but could practically be rolled into a ball there is so much flexibility.

Has a lot of heft from heavy plastic and diecast too. If you're looking for a better MP-style Ravage, look no further!

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:40 AM   #2
optimusb39
Animated
Re: OX Jaguar

Seeems too big for an mp shelfe to me. But it looks like he would scale well in a beast wars ljne up considering the size difference of all of them to autobbots and decepticons
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:06 AM   #3
elburrito
Animated

Yeah, he's big alright. Looking at the '84 clips is difficult to gauge Ravage's size. It's close. What really makes this guy is the coolness factor. Very "cat-y". He looks awesome next to the carbots.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #4
laffy
Crossover

I was so up in the air on this guy.. until I had a great talk about this guys in another group... OX Jaguar all though cool In cassette mode he is not and should not be looked at in his Cassette form. this is why hes got no paint apps for his cassette mode. this is made to sit on our MP shelf's in Jaguar form plan and simple. I don't mind one bit having the micro cassettes that can scale inside mp soundwave and once ejected from his chest (until mass shifting can happen within toys ) This is what Ravage clearly would look like after he transforms and I love him..... I love the 1.1 cassette thing but its a fact this was done to help sell having Ravage in mp form .. lets face it no one will buy this guy if he didn't transform right? so again until mass shifting happens lol NOW we all as collectors now have the best of both worlds

Last edited by laffy; 05-02-2016 at 11:46 AM.
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:35 PM   #5
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Repro Labels will make the cassette mode on this bad boy shine. I would like all the other cassettes done in this scale as well
Old 05-02-2016, 12:44 PM   #6
joelones
Beast Machine

Where's the best place to pick this guy up, I mean besides Slayback. A3U? ActionRobo?
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:51 PM   #7
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
Repro Labels will make the cassette mode on this bad boy shine. I would like all the other cassettes done in this scale as well
omg I know or at least all but the birds and lol bat as they might be too big repro labels will defiantly take this guy to the next level but unsure if I would add the cassette stickers as it will surly take away from his Jaguar mode. The whole point is to have a MP size ravage not a over sized cassette that has no place and is extremely out of scale. This is why we have MP cassettes already But omg what a show piece other way
Old 05-02-2016, 12:53 PM   #8
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Where's the best place to pick this guy up, I mean besides Slayback. A3U? ActionRobo?
Slayback is only charging $85.00 and still has the die cast ver. I cant see you getting this any cheaper unless its the rumored plastic only ver. Is slayback sold out ? why not just get one from him
Old 05-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #9
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Slayback is only charging $85.00 and still has the die cast ver. I cant see you getting this any cheaper unless its the rumored plastic only ver. Is slayback sold out ? why not just get one from him
Well, I'd have to get him to ship it to me. Both A3U/AR are ~70USD (~88 CAD) shipped.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #10
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
You're in luck.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote