Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #11
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Wonder Festival 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
You make it sound like this is something new they are doing. They've been doing this since G1.
I'm only talking about repaint-wars scope.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:57 PM   #12
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Do you consider Swindle and Hound repaints or remolds?
Swindle and Hound are remolds, not new mold.
While Blast Off is total brand new mold.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #13
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajoeker View Post
A better look at MP-31 Optimus Primal! What say you? A more reason to be excited, in my opinion.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/06/w...-images-309093
Takara clearly labeled MP Optimus Primal as MP-??, not MP- 31.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:53 PM   #14
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Takara clearly labeled MP Optimus Primal as MP-??, not MP- 31.
one of the Japanese hobby magazine picture had it shown as MP-31. http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/03/m...-images-308965
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #15
protoform_ironhide
Commander

From all these photos I have seen so far, I think the old mold, BW Optimus Primal, is already pretty good or good enough for display purpose(unless you play with the lights and other stuff on your Primal MP), this MP Primal might not be necessary for some of us unless extreme scale accuracy is your concern when you put Primal with your Generations Beast Wars figures. Obviously, this MP Primal is better especially in Beast Mode.. but how many of you would put their MP Primal in Beast Mode on display?? And does it worth to spend this amount of money just to scales him properly with the cheap Generations Rattrap & Rhinox? These are the topics to debate..

I, myself, am still on the fence for Primal, as those new features and details aren't good enough to justify the premium price they are charging. However, it would be a nice addition to the already released Generations Rattrap & Rhinox(maybe Universe Cheetor, not so much for Dinobots...). Before I make the decision, I want to see more photos first, as I have been strictly limiting myself to the original G1 only from the Masterpiece line, not even Star Saber make it to my MP shelf.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:37 PM   #16
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
Looking at the UW Bruticus, I was initially bummed they would get a shuttle version of Blast Off that we wouldn't, but damn. What's up with that Blast Off? I don't remember him having bright orange all over him in G1. The bot arms are in full view sitting on the side of the alt mode. And the tail fin is clearly a removeable piece, which cheats the part of the transformation where the fin moves from the rear of the shuttle to the bot mode's back. Not even an armature. Takara went to the trouble of making a brand new mold, and yet... I'm having trouble seeing it as an improvement even if it is ostensibly more G1 than Hasbro's fighter jet Blast Off (which at least has the right coloring).
I think we need better and clear photos before we make judgement on Blast-Off right now, as I don't think he is Orange like you said. It's probably light brown from what I am seeing(could be the lighting that affects how the color looks in the photo's photo....duh....), better lighting photos are needed. The bots are actually grey on the toys right now to be fair.

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 02-07-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:26 PM   #17
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I have this thing bought and all the re-paints I thought he original mold sucked to me it looks nothing like the CGI model and the new MP nails it so to me this is worth the price tag. I love the fact that MP can be more than just G1.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:17 PM   #18
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
What's up with that Blast Off? I don't remember him having bright orange all over him in G1. The bot arms are in full view sitting on the side of the alt mode. And the tail fin is clearly a removeable piece, which cheats the part of the transformation where the fin moves from the rear of the shuttle to the bot mode's back. Not even an armature. Takara went to the trouble of making a brand new mold, and yet... I'm having trouble seeing it as an improvement even if it is ostensibly more G1 than Hasbro's fighter jet Blast Off (which at least has the right coloring).
I'd like to present a slightly different angle to this. I think that Hasbro has (accidentally), corrected an error that they made in 1985. A space shuttle as an alt mode is pretty cool, and would be very useful to have, but considering the team that he's on, giving Blast-off a space shuttle as an alt mode is… nonsensical.

I know that he had a space shuttle as an alt mode in G1, but it made no sense then either. Forget the scale problem (which we do on a regular basis). They are COMBAT-icons. A fighter jet makes SOOO much more sense. If there had already been a fighter jet on the team, then adding a shuttle might have been an idea, but the team should have had a jet in the first place. So, in my opinion, Hasbro has accidentally blundered into the right decision on this very rare of occasions to give us a jet fighter Blast Off, and has inadvertently fixed a blunder committed in the original toy.

Having said that, the Takara shuttle Blast off is no more of a disappointment than the alt mode for Alpha Bravo, as someone else points out above. It is only OK. I certainly won't be shelling out the extra cash for it, but I can see the appeal for those people who (like myself) have fond (and slightly irrational) memories of their childhood toys, and want updated versions.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #19
protoform_ironhide
Commander

^ Transformers is scientific, it never make sense anyways. If they made G1 blastoff as shuttle, then G1 blastoff is a shuttle. Why don't Optimus Prime be a bad-ass-tank then? He is the G1 Autobot leader, it doesn't make sense he is a delivery truck when they are at war either if u have concern why Blastoff is a shuttle. Soundwaves' minions are cassettes, that doesn't make sense either. Their alt mode are useless. Cassettes don't do anything