Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
blurr
Generation 1
Re: Aaaaaaarrrrrrghhhhh!

sleeper323, same exact same thing happened to mine the 2nd time I transformed it a few months ago and I emailed them but never got a response back.

I actually own quite a few FansProject releases but after that happened, I decided these are way too expensive of items to be breaking that easily and although some of the new releases are cool, I'll just save my money and not get them.
blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #12
sleeper323
Bulky

Sadly I agree
Old 03-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #13
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

first full figure they made, what four years ago? their quality has jumped my leaps and bounds since. that's like saying that because tm2 megatron has gps, you're not going to buy hasbro

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
blurr
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
first full figure they made, what four years ago? their quality has jumped my leaps and bounds since. that's like saying that because tm2 megatron has gps, you're not going to buy hasbro
You do realize you're comparing vastly different items in terms of pricing. TM2 Megatron was a $20 item ($15 on sale). Warbot Defender was $80+shipping.
blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
joshimus
Metroplex

Also TM2 Megatron being available in stores made returning him simple if he broke after transforming him.
I once got the TFcon exlc. FP armour upgrade for Classics Prime ages ago and it was flimsy feeling that I decided to sell it pretty much same day I opened it. I was careful with it because of how cheap it felt which really pushed me away from third parties.
Since then I decided to take a chance on Maketoys Devestator. This is so far the only third party I own. If that had broke on me (hopefully never does) but if it had just shortly after taking it out of the box, I would never buy a third party figure again. Currently I have MMC Predaking bots and Quakewave on pre-order and hopefully I won't have issues with them. That said, if this FP figure is fairly old when they were first starting out, it's not excusable for the price you pay, but for the leg to break like that I can see why it would leave a sour taste.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #16
Chajee
Generation 2

I stay away from third parties. Not only because of QC issues (I just have a thing against them), but also helps with my wallet. I've forced myself to strictly only by Takara and Hasbro. Almost caved for Quakewave (after hearing all the great things), but stuck to my policy.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
Foxw
Founder of BFC group

Sleeper. if you don't get a resolution. let me know. I think if i understand you right, i think i get what happened and might be able to restore it to usability for you.
Foxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxw View Post
Sleeper. if you don't get a resolution. let me know. I think if i understand you right, i think i get what happened and might be able to restore it to usability for you.
Cool offer...
Gotta love boardies.
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #19
DecepticonusPrime
Machine War

Sometimes stores carry a stock of parts for issues like this. I've had good experiences with TFSource and Automaton Toys for just this reason (QC issues with third party figures).
Old 03-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #20
Foxw
Founder of BFC group

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabooya View Post
Cool offer...
Gotta love boardies.
*shrug* to me something broken is something to fix. rare i find some unsalvagable. i just hate to see a bot languish due to bad luck. i'm no ratchet, but majority of toys be they retail or collector market can be fixed.

anything to spread a bit of joy in this world thats sorely lacking it.
Foxw is offline   Reply With Quote