Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
TFcon Toronto
Exclamation TFcon volunteers wanted!

Interested in helping us get the word out about TFcon? Want to help out the day of the show? Or be involved in the planning of the next TFcon? Email us through http://www.tfcon.ca/ and let us know.

The TFcon staff works year round promoting the convention so it's never too early to express interest. Some of the most common tasks are dropping flyers off at local comic/toy/hobby stores or manning the TFcon booths at other conventions and toy shows with other TF fans and staff members.

We are also looking for people that have special skills and experience in areas like marketing/advertising/promotions.

At the convention people are needed to help do things like check people for registration at panels and the entrance to the dealer room and help assist convention staff prepare for panels, assist TFcon guests and other duties as required.

Requirements:
Minimum age of 18
Willing to work a minimum of 8 hours at the Con.
Ability to follow instructions from TFcon staff members.
Please note that volunteers must adhere to any staff rules and maintain professionalism and courtesy when dealing with other members and attendees.

Benefits:
Your admission to the Con is paid for.
You will receive a TFcon volunteer badge.
A nice resume builder (you are helping to run the 2nd largest Transformers convention in the world).
Invites to TFcon staff only events.

Interested? Email us through http://www.tfcon.ca/ and let us know.

Last edited by Code of Honor; 03-15-2009 at 11:44 PM.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
TFcon Toronto
Re: TFcon volunteers wanted!

We are currently looking for people that live in all areas especially downtown Toronto that make regular trips to comic book and toys stores to help drop off flyers to help promote the convention. If this is something you would be able to do let us know. Thanks!

Old 11-03-2007, 03:16 AM   #3
Protoman
The Legend
Cool Re: TFcon volunteers wanted!

Do you have some kind of .pdf file or jpg we can use to print out, photo copy then put out there. I have so much reach in the toy/comic conventions and collectors here I can get it out in no time.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Old 11-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #4
TFcon Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Do you have some kind of .pdf file or jpg we can use to print out, photo copy then put out there. I have so much reach in the toy/comic conventions and collectors here I can get it out in no time.
We actually print full color post card sized flyers that we use for this. Email us your mailing address and we'll send you some. Thanks!

Old 11-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
TFcon Toronto

A huge thanks out to those of you that have already offered to drop off flyers to the shops in your area. We still could use some assistance in these areas:
Toronto
Mississauga
Brampton
Markham
Vaughan
Oshawa
Barrie
Ottawa
Kitchener
Kingston
Brantford
Cambridge
NY state
If you can help us out either post here or send a PM to this account.
Thanks!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:00 AM   #6
Ajnin

Alrighty, I already sent an email a while back but wasn't sure I'd be available for the 'Con, but now I'm sure I will be attending so feel free to put me to work. Also I'm pretty much available to do promotional stuff around Montreal and the South Shore.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:17 AM   #7
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

I can gladly be of use for stocking downtown Toronto stores with fliers. I am a grad student at U of T, spend a lot of time in the core and can cover stores like Silver Snail, Grey Region, that TF/hobby shoppe on Spadina, etc, and even a couple of key flyering areas of the U of T campus if desired (i.e. the Syd Smith lobby). Emailing my mailing address now.

I'll be too busy searching first for great G1 deals then for parts and junkers I need to volunteer on Con day though, and next year I think I'm going to rent out a table myself.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:01 AM   #8
chisau

is it too late to volunteer for the con?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #9
Aernaroth
Metroplex

We're looking for volunteers to help promote TFcon and Cybertron.ca at the Manitoba Comic-con on October 11th and 12th, 2008, in Winnipeg.

If you're in the area, or already planning on going, and would like to help out, let us know!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:13 AM   #10
chans formers
raff ow roud

id be willing to help out too,but only after a few hours in the dealer room searching for treasures.after that ,if needed,im all yours.(id help with security but i dont think they would take too kindly to me bringing ol "louieville " onto the plane!)