Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime
CANADA CUSTOMS...ARGHHHHH !!!

Guys,

I need help with this situation ! I ordered a gift from Taiwan on ebay for my 9 year old neice before Christmas, paid for XPress Post 10 day shipping so it would get here in time, and it's been at Canada Customs since Dec 28th for inspection according to tracking. I only have a few more days before I can file a claim with paypal. It's bad enough that it's now 3 weeks late as her Christmas gift, but now it's looking like it's either lost somewhere or it's not going to move at all. Is there anyway I can contact Canada Customs in Vancouver where it is showing on tracking ? I called Canada Post, but there's nothing they can do. I'm sure I'm not the first and only person to experience this. I'd appreciate your help on this guys
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: CANADA CUSTOMS...ARGHHHHH !!!

I've never had this happen to me before but my advice, in terms of filing a claim with paypay, would be to file the claim to cover your ass. Obviously statethe exact situation like above, and then email the seller with the same info. Say to them you're only filing the claim so you can take advanage of the insurance if customs has lost the item and it is not a reflection of you thinking they're bad ebayers.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

Canada Post/Customs will not let you do a thing. everything has to be started by the shipper. I know this for a fact as my Igear Kup head stopped dead in Canada Customs in Vancouver on April 4th of 2011. Long story short, I never got my heads & Igear wouldn't do shit. File a claim with Paypal now & hope you can get your money back.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #4
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Now that gift wouldn't happen to be MP Megatron, I presume?
Old 01-12-2012, 02:18 AM   #5
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Predaking View Post
Canada Post/Customs will not let you do a thing. everything has to be started by the shipper.
This is total crap to me. You are the one paying the shipping. It is your expense. You should be allowed to make a claim as it is your money. Stupid rule!

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
Pascal
Banned

There's no way for Canada Post/Customs to know who paid for shipping. Sometimes sellers and businesses offer free shipping.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
This is total crap to me. You are the one paying the shipping. It is your expense. You should be allowed to make a claim as it is your money. Stupid rule!
Your totally right. it's a very broken system. I could understand if the item was not in CP/CC system, both the O.P & mine are & were clearly "sitting in" Vancouver. So by right's it should be a CP/CC issue, but it's not for some reason. I got the run around for 3 weeks with CP & CC. Finally I went to my local PO & explained everything to one of the ladies there (who are super awesome BTW) & asked her if she could phone & get some info for me. That's when I found out. that because its with Canada Customs, Canada Post "can't" do anything & to contact Canada Customs. SHE then called CC & tryed to explain things to them & was promptly told "that's a Canada Post matter" & was then hung up on. She called back CP & after 30mins. She got off the phone & told me I have to contact the seller/shipper & get them to file a claim at there local P.O & it would then be handed over to CP & CC to look into the matter.
Which never happened, butI'll save the BS Igear story for another day & rant.

Sorry to hijack the thread on you, but I'm just trying to save you the BS I went through, only to lose my money & my item.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
pud333
Animated

File the paypal claim as others have said. Let the seller know it's just to cover your ass. I plan on doing the same thing for a package I ordered at the beginning of December but still haven't seen. I'm going to wait until the last moment to do so out of respect to the seller.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Definitely file the Paypal claim. I gave the seller too much respect, didn't file the claim, and let him sort it out with his post office in New Jersey. He ended up giving me the run around and I was left with nothing.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Well, I just got notice today that the package is at the post office waiting for me to pick it up ! Yesterday, tracking was showing that it was STILL in Vancouver at Customs for inspection (since Dec 28th) and then it arrives in NS, the other side of Canada within a day

It was just a Furreal Friends Tea Cup Yorkie (stuffed toy dog) for those wondering.

Thanks for the advice guys, hopefully it's all in one piece after being in transit for so long !
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote