Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #21
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Re: XBox Kinect or PS3 Move ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Don't get me started on how awesome the X-wing series of games were....
Or Tie Fighter.. Why can't we get new versions

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #22
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akroyer View Post
Or Tie Fighter.. Why can't we get new versions
War crime if you ask me.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #23
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaveCA View Post
I actually like the Xbox and use it as my primary gaming system but Kinect is admittingly garbage.
IMO, I think Kinect has some serious potential for other applications other than just gaming. It's already been hacked to work on PC/Macs, now apply some ingenuity in software applications and you could have some sweet shit!

http://gizmodo.com/5687874/microsoft...un-on-mac-os-x

http://kotaku.com/5688083/hacked-kin...inority-report

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaveCA View Post
The fact Nintendo has to remake a game from like 12+ years ago tells you a lot how it's still living in the stone age.
Can't the same be said about Macross and Transformers? It's all re-hashing of what was done before, just a little more polished. Still, does it make it any less enjoyable?

I'm not sure why people take sides during console wars? I own a Wii, but have played and enjoyed the others consoles. Each has some great games that the others don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
Why can't people distinguish between advances in technology and application. Nothing in the Wii-mote is new, but that does not make the application of components any less revolutionary. It may have run its course in gaming applications, but it has opened the door many other areas. In parts nothing in the Move is new either, but it is a step up from what the Wii was offering. The Kinect nothing new, all the principles were discovered years ago. Its all about how developers can make use of the technology, fun is just one of many fields of application.

For TF's its just like the ball joint. Industrially, the ball joint has been around forever, but think of TF's before the ball joint and after. But there were alot of things in that needed to come into play before the ball joint could even be considered with toys, including adjustments in plastic properties and perceptions of quality. Nothing new, just a collaboration of parts.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
PC games have always been my favorite, and in a time of need I still turn to Worms Armageddon

The thing I love about PC gaming is the modding community! I love the good old days of hacking around with Doom and Quake, changing the characters, sfx, gfx, etc.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #24
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

im still waiting for the virtua boy comeback

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #25
Ground Zero
Generation 2

I'm voting neither for the time being.

From what I've heard, the Move is just not responsive enough for good shooters. It's a pointing device, just like the Wiimote. Maybe a bit more sensitive. Most examples of games in the adds and whatnot show folks using two of the glo-ball controllers or whatever they are called -- which would run what, over $100? It's a pricey bit of hardware anyway you cut it.

The Kinect on the other hand has the advantage in that it's not trying to reproduce the Wii's control scheme. Of course, that's also a bit of a disadvantage. There's just something to be said about physical buttons.

I'd like to give both of them a spin, but I can easily see both devices collecting dust in my living room after the novelty has worn off.
Ground Zero is offline   Reply With Quote