Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime
WST Thoughts ???

Thinking about picking up some of these little buggers, but not exactly sure where to fit them in. I really like Shockwave because I can use him in Alt mode as one of Bruticus's weapons, but what about the others ? The Dinobots look like some of the larger WST's compared to others, but there's so many color variations of them out there, where do you start and which ones are considered the most G1 accurate ? So, what do you guys display them as, and what's your overall opinion on them ?
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
Re: WST Thoughts ???

The WST Dinobots look pretty accurate to me, I have them for sale if you're interested.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmick01 View Post
The WST Dinobots look pretty accurate to me, I have them for sale if you're interested.
If he doesn't take them I'd like to know how much for them shipped to Calgary.

Also if you check Wikipedia, you'll find out which ones are authentic Hasbro and which ones are knockoffs. Blaster, Shockwave, the Dinobots and jets are knockoffs if I remember correctly and I think Optimus and some others are authentic. It'll all say on the Wikipedia page.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmick01 View Post
Hey, Thanks for the offer, but after checking into them, I'm probably going to go for the Comic versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemar View Post
If he doesn't take them I'd like to know how much for them shipped to Calgary.

Also if you check Wikipedia, you'll find out which ones are authentic Hasbro and which ones are knockoffs. Blaster, Shockwave, the Dinobots and jets are knockoffs if I remember correctly and I think Optimus and some others are authentic. It'll all say on the Wikipedia page.
Yeah, I've noticed that quite a few are made by Justitoys, which is a third party company, but their work looks amazing ! The Dinobots, Shockwave, and Blaster are so accurate to the G1 figures, some are even better than the original G1 figures with respect to having more articulation.

Thanks guys for the help !
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I have a set of WST Dinobots (Not the comic edition) and Shockwave. And I just love them. I hope to get a hold of some others down the road.

But these WSTs almost, but not quite extinguished my desire to get the full size versions.

My only complaints would be that Snarls joints are quite loose, Swoops chest piece was damn near impossible to separate to transform him. And Slag didn't come with his shoulder rocket. Not mentioned in the box or instructions that I could find. Seems it comes with other versions of him.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

I love my WST transformers. I own most of them and I'm only missing Bluestreak, Cliffjumper, and an official Thundercracker (I have a KO version).

The scaled down molds have some changes to strengthen certain parts but they are overall an accurate representation of their much larger original G1 counterparts.

I also own all of the JustiToys WSTs. These are an attempt to scale down the actual original molds and try to keep as many of the original parts as possible (albeit scaled down) and look great on display. However, I find the quality to be lacking compared to the Takara WSTs. joints are loose, parts are floppy, and pieces sometimes fall off. Also, the stickers provided are garbage. They do not stay on. I recommend investing in reprolabels for them if you want them stickered. Even then, there are certain stickers that end up being destroyed when parts rub up against each other during transformation. I feel that if they had simplified and modified certain parts, these would have ended up better. The way it is now, they are only good for display.

But what a display they make! They all look great next to the old G1 basebots. They feel much more in scale with Metroplex and Trypticon.
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
Aernaroth
Metroplex

WST Soundwave remains, for me, one of the most amazing transformers ever made, and one of my personal favorites.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
Deemar
Banned

Where do you buy the Takara versions?
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

The WST series is amazing, but back-collecting the Takara releases could prove expensive. It seems like Thrust is still readily available, but the original Bumbleblee and Sideswipe are pretty hard to find.

There are some combiner KOs that are really kewl, like Devastator and Superion. Make sure you get the "12cm" version as they match the scale of the other WST line.

For Prime you can get a KO from Heerotoysmaker on Ebay...in fact he has a great selection of seekers and Primes and even Ultra Magnus, I'd start there first. Best of all, his prices are decent. Note he doesn't combine shipping tho...

From what I've seen in the posts, Crobot has a pretty spectacular WST collection.

--Echo
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I quite enjoy the 3 dinobots I have, if I could find the Devastator or Superion for a good price I'd buy them in an instant.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote