Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions
Why buy identical figures?

This question has been on my mind for a while and come up everytime I see one of your hauls on this site. Ive seen 3, 4 Leader Primes, all the same figure. Not a Repaint or anything. I Get some people may buy the Buster Prime, to go along with the regular issue, but I cant explain why someone would buy 4 identical Primes. (just an example)

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Why buy identical figures?

I think in most cases they are picking up for friends or fellow board members.

In some cases, duplicates are for kitbashing or customs they might have planned.

Some folks buy 2 in order to keep one mint in package and take one out for display or play. I've seem folks on TFW who buy 3 - one to keep in package, one to display in bot mode, one to display in alt mode.

Sometimes they might have gotten a really good deal on multiples and be looking to use the duplicates for trades or resale.

Personally, I don't even buy repaints or minor remolds... but that's just me.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalprime View Post
This question has been on my mind for a while and come up everytime I see one of your hauls on this site. Ive seen 3, 4 Leader Primes, all the same figure. Not a Repaint or anything. I Get some people may buy the Buster Prime, to go along with the regular issue, but I cant explain why someone would buy 4 identical Primes. (just an example)
Ask that Transfan2 guy on tfans.com. Pretty sure he's an compulsive buyer, he buys multiples of each figure (like 3-4-5), then he buys some more later! And all he does is post his crazy daily hauls, he never participates in discussions or anything. Crazy, I'm telling you.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Ask that Transfan2 guy on tfans.com. Pretty sure he's an compulsive buyer, he buys multiples of each figure (like 3-4-5), then he buys some more later! And all he does is post his crazy daily hauls, he never participates in discussions or anything. Crazy, I'm telling you.
He does post a lot of... unusual... TF photos in the "Let's See Some Cool Stuff 2010 - Transformers only Edition" thread.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
Iron Moose
Knows things

I love Terragator's beast mode and I have bunches... that's it?
Iron Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
CyberMnky
Animated

Some molds are great for Army building such as the Insecticons or Energon Terrorcons... But otherwise, the one out / one MISB or one bot / one alt mode is common I've noticed...

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

At one point, I was convinced he doesn't actually get new hauls...he just photoshops his old hauls together.

I did think about getting two Animated Shockwaves, one for long Arm,..one for Shockwave.

I can see myself buying multiples of PCC though, so I can have their limbs to pass around.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I buy extras when they're on sale to sell later.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
Wodicus
Beasty

If I had the money and space to display them all I would buy three versions. One to keep in package, and one for each mode. But since I can only really afford one of each then I just buy the one and open it.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

The only doubles I ever buy are usually ones I try to sell. And that hasn't gone very well lately.

I did buy an extra Sunstreaker and Sideswipe though, to do the head swap and Reprolabels to make them Tigertrack and Patriot. I also ordered 2 of the new TCC Punch/Counterpunch figure so I have the option of having Punch with Autobots and Counterpunch with my Decepticons. But I'm not entirely sure if I'll keep the second one or not.