Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 01:33 PM   #11
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Zeta ZV-02 Core Star (Unicron)

It's funny that some complained about the Haslad Unicron thread turning into a comparative with this Zeta one, then ask "make a thread for it and get it out of this one" so a thread is made and then they come on this one to complain again about it? Oy, this place/forum can be such a good place, but dang at times, it's just so negative...

Anyways, for my point of view about Unicron:

I'm not a Unicron fan all that much and not someone that would buy any version of this character, but to judge the figures for what they are, if I was to get one, I'd have to say that this Zeta one is looking much better for the fact that they did an amazing job for the kibble, as the Haslab version has a fair mess of it.

The difference in size is absolutely not important as this is the one figure that they cannot make to scale in any way. But for the pricing issue, the 200$ range is much more acceptable.

Haslab should consider hiring these engineer as if this Zeta was the Haslab version, I would believe that the ones hating on this version would probably love it.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 09-09-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:12 PM   #12
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Haslab should consider hiring these engineer as if this Zeta was the Haslab version, I would believe that the ones hating on this version would probably love it.
Pretty sure Takara wouldn't be down with that sort of thing; pride, ego, and emotional fallacies and all.

If anyone had the gumption to hire the brightest of the 3P/KO industries they would've done it by now, I'd think.

Just going to throw out that the face looks much better and the price speaks to me at a sane level. I'm just hoping Zeta Toys goes more orange/gray than HasLab's yellow/blue.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #13
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
Zeta sucks. He's way too small, doesn't have chomping jaws and is totally IP theft. Real Unicron all the way. I'm a backer.
Somebody sounds salty.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:33 PM   #14
OptimusB38
Optimus B

I dig it, I hear he’s smaller but looks good. I too can not afford Uni
Old 09-09-2019, 08:26 PM   #15
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Looks far superior to the over priced hasbro unicron. It's closer to screen accurate and has almost no kibble on it. The engineering is more advanced than hasbro, sure there us more panel flipping but at least you don't need a giant stand to have him just stand there and r not $1000 for a hasbro quality figure that is most likely to have some qc issues based on past releases.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:03 AM   #16
Msol
Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
Pretty sure Takara wouldn't be down with that sort of thing; pride, ego, and emotional fallacies and all.

If anyone had the gumption to hire the brightest of the 3P/KO industries they would've done it by now, I'd think.

Just going to throw out that the face looks much better and the price speaks to me at a sane level. I'm just hoping Zeta Toys goes more orange/gray than HasLab's yellow/blue.
It’s kinda funny, the guy who designed Classics Mirage for HasTak went on to design the MMC Mirage 3rd party MP.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:47 AM   #17
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
It’s kinda funny, the guy who designed Classics Mirage for HasTak went on to design the MMC Mirage 3rd party MP.
Hmmm, that's pretty dope. MMC Sphinx is an awesome figure.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:10 PM   #18
Pgianos
Banned

Oh perfect now I can hijack this thread.."Umm it looks ok but it's IP theft .. which is ok along as it doesn't happen to me .. "
Old 09-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #19
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Oh perfect now I can hijack this thread.."Umm it looks ok but it's IP theft .. which is ok along as it doesn't happen to me .. "
Think you just did . It happens all the time with 3P, has been happening for years long before most people would have been collecting. Why do you even care? You're buying Haslab at the nice high price, let those who can't afford it have Zeta.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:56 PM   #20
predahank
Storing is hoarding

funny thing is the dude that said get lost with your zeta talk and start your own zeta thread was the first one to post in it lolol
Closed Thread