Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-31-2019, 10:38 PM   #31
funkmasterke
Custom User Title
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I'll be waiting to see that
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Zeta is revealing theirs next weekend (on the 6th or 7th). I wanted both... I am so screwed and poor
https://imgur.com/gallery/bwOYpTN

The prototype pictures are out and according to Zeta themselves, there is no parts forming. I still don't really believe that though.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:33 AM   #32
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmasterke View Post
https://imgur.com/gallery/bwOYpTN

The prototype pictures are out and according to Zeta themselves, there is no parts forming. I still don't really believe that though.
Honestly, if parts-forming makes the robot mode look better, I'm totally for it.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:00 AM   #33
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Omg that new 1 looks worse than the Hasbro 1.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:07 AM   #34
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Zeta's does not look as good as Hasbro's to me and with it being only 18", I'm glad I pre-ordered Hasbro's.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:01 AM   #35
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

So they knew it was going to fail. I guess guaranteeing they had 6000 was a lie. I guess the claim that the date cannot be extended was also a lie. I have never seen any company in the history of capitalism try so hard to push an over priced product to so many. Both sad and funny to see.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #36
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
So they knew it was going to fail. I guess guaranteeing they had 6000 was a lie. I guess the claim that the date cannot be extended was also a lie. I have never seen any company in the history of capitalism try so hard to push an over priced product to so many. Both sad and funny to see.
Rampant consumerism is damaging. Beyond.

Read a great bit the other day about how capitalism and consumerism create and teach a society that spends life saving up and trying to figure out how to acquire things. We end up basing our worth on what we can buy... And connect to things. We need to connect to people.

It's not that I object to a six hundred dollar toy. Pick your poison. If you can afford something, hey, go for it.

It's the method of Hasbro in getting there and seeing the very real, worrying responses of people to the toy. The needs to get it. The anxiety over maybe not. The connection to the thing, especially the "rallying" and "support." Connected to and finding value in the "cause"..it's the need to have the new iPhone first, or always have a new car. No matter how much money people make, everybody seems to be broke because they spend and NEED to spend. It's what our whole consumerist society has shaped.

I live in Alberta. And my compassion to hard working folks who have been out of work because oil prices crashed five years ago. But I swear to Christ people in this province spend beyond their means no matter how much they make. It's not isolated to Alberta, of course not. But it's also disturbing and depressing to see how many folks make or made piles of money and they're as broke ass as I am.

Shrug. Agree to disagree. I hope if you are a person who finds their happiness and identity is based in things, you may reflect on that at some point. Many fans demonstrate signs of addiction or unhealthy compulsion in their toy hobbies. We can enjoy things. Things can be great! But are we defined by those things?

Tldr unicron is gross.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:52 AM   #37
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Omg that new 1 looks worse than the Hasbro 1.
But better than the old Armada mold...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #38
predahank
Storing is hoarding

I think we can all agree that Zeta did a much better job on the backpack. I’m probably not in on either but curious about the price point. If it ends up being half the price, it will be a huge testament to hasbro price gouging. Sure the hasbro is bigger but zeta will most likely have a higher level of engineering.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #39
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Rampant consumerism is damaging. Beyond.

Read a great bit the other day about how capitalism and consumerism create and teach a society that spends life saving up and trying to figure out how to acquire things. We end up basing our worth on what we can buy... And connect to things. We need to connect to people.

It's not that I object to a six hundred dollar toy. Pick your poison. If you can afford something, hey, go for it.

It's the method of Hasbro in getting there and seeing the very real, worrying responses of people to the toy. The needs to get it. The anxiety over maybe not. The connection to the thing, especially the "rallying" and "support." Connected to and finding value in the "cause"..it's the need to have the new iPhone first, or always have a new car. No matter how much money people make, everybody seems to be broke because they spend and NEED to spend. It's what our whole consumerist society has shaped.

I live in Alberta. And my compassion to hard working folks who have been out of work because oil prices crashed five years ago. But I swear to Christ people in this province spend beyond their means no matter how much they make. It's not isolated to Alberta, of course not. But it's also disturbing and depressing to see how many folks make or made piles of money and they're as broke ass as I am.

Shrug. Agree to disagree. I hope if you are a person who finds their happiness and identity is based in things, you may reflect on that at some point. Many fans demonstrate signs of addiction or unhealthy compulsion in their toy hobbies. We can enjoy things. Things can be great! But are we defined by those things?

Tldr unicron is gross.
What a completely sane, rational and introspective thing to say, it has no business being on this forum! But seriously, well put.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
People insisting on calling this a Titan Class figure are plain stupid. There, I said it.
Right, and having a rather large sum of money tied up for two years on a big plasitc ball is the epitome of intelligence.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #40
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
I think we can all agree that Zeta did a much better job on the backpack. I’m probably not in on either but curious about the price point. If it ends up being half the price, it will be a huge testament to hasbro price gouging. Sure the hasbro is bigger but zeta will most likely have a higher level of engineering.
It probably will be much cheaper, just look at how much cheaper all the third party MP scale stuff is compare to the latest official MP's. Especially considering how terrible the qc of the Takara MP's has been lately.