Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #221
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: haslab unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post

I agree with, understand and respect all of these points. I wanted to be sure to post from my perspective only, as I can imagine most people on this thread have had a long thought about this one.

In terms of cost: This is not an easy item to swing, especially on short notice...for...like...just about anyone, IMHO. I do see a fair number of people getting the 3rd party combiners, but the cash FLOW for getting those is typically easier the more I think about it.

I did budget for it, and sold some stuff to help get there. One of the key things I did was sell NON TF stuff this time around, which helped because summer isn't great for selling TFs.

Either way, I'm really not sure it's going to get backed..I am still hopeful, but only a couple days and 3000 to go feels like a stretch. Sigh.
I agree it is not an easy item to swing in short notice. Most of higher end stuffs I love (FT, FH, GigaPower Dinos, Arcadia Macross, SoC, DX Chogokin, Sentinel, HMR, Bandai PB kits, ... and recently Hot Toys) have way longer notice before preorder start dates and/or a long time before I need to pay. Same for games. Even other crowd-funding stuffs like the latest MakeToys purple seeker have a long funding period. These I can planned for. Not this one. Heck! As expensive as MP-44 ($460-$500Cadn from AJ) I have 8+ months to prepare! I have no idea what really is the rush for HasLab.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #222
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
I agree it is not an easy item to swing in short notice. Most of higher end stuffs I love (FT, FH, GigaPower Dinos, Arcadia Macross, SoC, DX Chogokin, Sentinel, HMR, Bandai PB kits, ... and recently Hot Toys) have way longer notice before preorder start dates and/or a long time before I need to pay. Same for games. Even other crowd-funding stuffs like the latest MakeToys purple seeker have a long funding period. These I can planned for. Not this one. Heck! As expensive as MP-44 ($460-$500Cadn from AJ) I have 8+ months to prepare! I have no idea what really is the rush for HasLab.
Especially considering it will take more than a year to get released.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:55 PM   #223
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

I would also like to add that the first prong I broke on his arm/leg would kill me. Literally. I understand that they should be somewhat bendy plastic but where there's a gimp, there's a way as I always say.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:27 PM   #224
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
One reason why I backed Haslab Unicron.

1) I want it.

The end.
Huge part of my decision, honestly. Plus I would love to see Unicron with Primus and Vader Death Star and even Energon Unicron.
I budget around a lot of things and I sell stuff here and there so I have most of the money set aside already, should he make his mark.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:55 PM   #225
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

One more month... deadline has been moved to Oct 6

Looking for:
Old 08-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #226
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

It's not for me, for a lot of different reasons. Not all of them money, but I hope those who want it get it.

But after seeing what's transpired, the cynical side of me wonders if it ain't just this all over again.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:09 PM   #227
Pgianos
Banned

Ok everyone that said if only they had more time to save up to buy it can but it now .. I went through every post I know who you are .. we need you
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:42 AM   #228
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Ok everyone that said if only they had more time to save up to buy it can but it now .. I went through every post I know who you are .. we need you
I just did... well, last night anyway...

Looking for:
Old 08-30-2019, 02:07 PM   #229
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

https://imgur.com/gallery/bwOYpTN

A comparison for anyone waiting on to see what Zeta came up with. Definitely prefer the robot mode of Zeta as it has less greeble, no ugly backback, and less shell showing on the legs. The hasbro planet mode looks far more impressive though.

I wouldn't mind seeing how much parts forming is involved with Zeta's as their combiners have an insulting amount.

Last edited by funkmasterke; 08-30-2019 at 02:17 PM.
funkmasterke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:42 PM   #230
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

I am interested in seeing what the third party manufacturers will bring in terms of aftermarket upgrade kits. Maybe a lighting kit or a sound board? I could totally get behind something like that.

I am not so on board with giving a third party manufacturer money for a whole bot that's straight up intellectual property theft.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote