Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #31
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: My daughter NEEDS a Cell Phone !

I'd got the prepaid phone route in this case as well. Having a cell phone is not a right. Tell her if she learns how to use this one responsibly that you might consider getting a better phone in a year or so.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:12 AM   #32
sushicake
rawrrrr

The prepaid card thing sounds like the best idea, you said phone for christmas but didn't say anything about a phone plan. Pay for the first one to get things started off then afterward make her buy her own.
sushicake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #33
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Well, looks like I'm off the hook entirely. I stated to her mother that if her and I were to purchase a plan for our daughter, that I would be one of her fav 5, and I would want access to the account so I could pay my share of the bill, and of course, keep an eye on things. Apparently her mother didn't like the idea, so she's taking care of it herself. I'm relieved that I'm not going to be responsible for any part of it, however, her mother is usually not so easy to back down, so I'm a bit confused on the matter. I guess the fact that I wanted access to the account (for payments) was not something she was willing to accomodate, but dems da rules ! Now, I'm shopping for an acoustic electric guitar, which I will most gladly buy for her instead of some stupid cell phone !
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #34
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemar View Post
No, she'll just get upset that it doesn't suit her needs and just not use it. Carrying it around for the amount she'll be able to use it won't be worth the trouble and it'll turn into a waste of money.

Also cell phones when we were teenages were less than $100. I just paid $525 for my current one.
525 for a phone? are you serious? my ps3 cost less than that. thats a bi-monthly car payment dude.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #35
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalprime View Post
525 for a phone? are you serious? my ps3 cost less than that. thats a bi-monthly car payment dude.
My car payments are only $355 per month! But ya, I bought it straight out with no contract since it's a 100% business write off anyway. I get the money back in April when I do my taxes.

And iPhone is like $700 if you don't get a contract so it's a pretty standard price, my last 4 Blackberrys were $650 each.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #36
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CETERUS PRIME View Post
Now, I'm shopping for an acoustic electric guitar, which I will most gladly buy for her instead of some stupid cell phone !