Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2021, 02:20 PM   #1
savagephil
Robot in Disguise
Toyhax labels and 3rd party upgrades

Just wondering how many peeps here use them. I recently bought an earthrise toyhax wheeljack and barricade set, and wow it really makes them look good. Got myself, a earthrise prowl, smokescreen, and ss86 jazz set.

Do you guys like the labels or meh. do u guys use 3rd party upgrades, like noneff, Jrc designs, larkins lair etc, for weapons gap fillers wheels etc.
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:34 PM   #2
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Toyhax labels and 3rd party upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagephil View Post
Just wondering how many peeps here use them. I recently bought an earthrise toyhax wheeljack and barricade set, and wow it really makes them look good. Got myself, a earthrise prowl, smokescreen, and ss86 jazz set.

Do you guys like the labels or meh. do u guys use 3rd party upgrades, like noneff, Jrc designs, larkins lair etc, for weapons gap fillers wheels etc.

I used them quite a bit before they officially became Toyhax. I especially liked the GI Joe vehicle stickers to spruce up my vintage vehicles. They were always great quality.

Unfortunately I haven't used them since they became Toyhax. Their pricing is just too much for what you get, in my opinion. Also I'm not big on adding stickers to TFs anymore. I prefer the tampo process that Hasbro uses for longevity. I also don't see too many TFs lately with glaring issues that would make me want to spend the money to add on stickers.

But if you want to get quality sets that can add to your TFs you can't beat Toyhax.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:44 PM   #3
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

rip off

I also believe toyhax charged USD? but is located in Hamilton, ON. Stickers also look cheap af imo.

3d print accessories typically make a figure look really good but the price often exceeds 50% of the actual figure after shipping.

All in all I rather have $ in my pocket instead of over paying for some dude to hit print and use up a couple dollars of filament.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:03 PM   #4
Banshee
Energon

I used them often for Prime wars trilogy toys, but in the long term some stickers tend to peel. I haven’t used them for the wfc line, their designs are tacky and overdone these days.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #5
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Used to be into em, spruced up a good number of my CW figs, if not all

But, prices were just inhibitive enough, that I waited all year to get to their 50% Black Friday sales, and I'd get big fat orders then
The new format ditched the sales, in favour of "robopoints" (a complete joke)

Haven't bought any since; I keep thinking I might pick some up at TFCon, but I also keep spending all my money on actual figures! Never have any leftover

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
I also believe toyhax charged USD? but is located in Hamilton, ON. Stickers also look cheap af imo
I could be wrong but last I checked their site, appears that the operation relocated to the US side of NiagaraFalls? Like they needed to justify their ridiculous USD pricing
EDIT -> just checked the site, i'm full of sh*t, please proceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
in the long term some stickers tend to peel
This is also true - they seem to think stickers can just go over molded detail and go "around edges"
Sticker placement has got to be tasteful man, you can't just wrap a whole thing up

With that said, I did that thing with the CW Constructicons' labels and all their wheels? The steps they recommended with the hairdryer or whatever, and it DID really work out in the end, so I can't fault them there, that was awesome

Last edited by evenstaves; 11-09-2021 at 03:58 PM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:22 PM   #6
delrue
Crossover

Never been a fan of stickers/decals on toys so no, haven't used them at all.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:24 PM   #7
VicRav
Machine War

I get some of the sets. I normally wait for Black Friday sales, so I might be making an order soon. I am pretty picky about sets that I get. I am more interested in sets that enhance the alt modes, than the robot mode. I often find various alt modes from Hasbro lack details. I don't care much for clear windows, so sets that cover those up get some attention from me. One of my favourite sets was the one for the toy version 3 pack of Refraktor.

Some sets come with extras and alternative options. I sometimes try and apply these to other figures if I think something might work.

ER Optimus Prime and Wheeljack are sets that I might try order this year if there is a sale.
VicRav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:28 PM   #8
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRav View Post
I get some of the sets. I normally wait for Black Friday sales, so I might be making an order soon. I am pretty picky about sets that I get. I am more interested in sets that enhance the alt modes, than the robot mode. I often find various alt modes from Hasbro lack details. I don't care much for clear windows, so sets that cover those up get some attention from me. One of my favourite sets was the one for the toy version 3 pack of Refraktor.

Some sets come with extras and alternative options. I sometimes try and apply these to other figures if I think something might work.

ER Optimus Prime and Wheeljack are sets that I might try order this year if there is a sale.

Same I really only 5 sets, wheeljack, barricade, prowl, jazz and smokescreen, but specifically for the alt modes I think they do a great job. Iam a noob when it comes to repro labels, but what is the shelf life for them, before they start peeling off?

As for third party upgrades, I've only purchased, the earthrise prime rifle, cheetor gutgun, and the kingdom waspinator, fluorescent purple stinger piece for weapon. Just want to get the nonnef optimus prime trailer upgrade and the go better sunstreaker kit Since think they look good. Was gonna do the ironhide ratchet upgrades but heard new ss 86 ironhide so gonna wait and see
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211108_0133258~2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	50606   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211108_0133503~2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	50607   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211109_2040086~2.jpg
Views:	63