Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: How were the episodes?
Excellent! 61 92.42%
Good 4 6.06%
Passable 1 1.52%
Terrible! 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #21
Icetron
Re: Transformers Animated Episodes 28 & 29 Official Discussion Thread

That was great! Omega Supreme was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
ARGH! STUPID YTV!
Don't cut off the end, I am writing a VERY angry e-mail to them right now. Who does that? seriously? Shows that have, ya know, dialog in the credits, other channels WAIT to do anything...

Great episode, awesome finale. But... still very mad at YTV.
I know, wtf was up with that?! Guess I have to wait till I can download that episode now....

Last edited by Icetron; 06-28-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #22
JSon
Robo Warrior

Wow it tied together the storylines and took aspects of stuff from so many episodes. Bulkheads spacebridge tech aspirations like we saw in autobot boot camp, Ratchets references to Omega we saw in previous episodes, Sari being a robot, the headmaster, so many more! I'm glad they brought up Wasp closer to the end I can't wait to see where that storyline goes.
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #23
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

There's only one thing that could have made this episde better, not that there's anything wrong with it now, but it would have been nice to see a finale where everyone gets to come to the party.

Black Arachnia was missing still and the Dinobots never get to kick butt, Me want to see Him Grimlock Kick Butt.

Also, Soundwave hasn't appeared since his debut episode. Can we say more please and what about Wreck-Gar? Ok well, maybe everybody doesn't need to make an appearance, but still it would have been nice to see the Dinobots get more screen time and maybe have Swoop and Slag actually. I don't know. Talk.

This double thing was great though, I can't wait to see where they'll take the series come next season. Here's hopeing they do something totally original and make Galvatron a brand new non-Megatron upgrade character who comes in to rescue Megs or something. That would be awesome.

Oh yeah, Omega Supreme, so much better then his Energon re-imagining I mean this one actually sounds like a big hulking weapon of destruction compared to his Energon Scott McNiel counterpart.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #24
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

I voted excellent. I loved the characterization of Omega, and how Ratchet was 'propping' him up to fight...so war torn, seen so many battles...Omega reluctantly goes to battle.

The Screamer clones are great...all I could think was $30 for each of those, and I have to get all of them...better start saving...and praying of course that they resculpt the head for the female version.

Nice to see Sari's dad back on the Autobot's side...but will his 'goodness' last? Or will Sari forgive him?

--Echo
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #25
Vangelus
Beast Machine

So yeah, AJ is going to get online-crucified when the torrent goes up and the Americans all dive on it. XD

Awesome episode though. Omega Supreme's scale REALLY got across in the scene direction. And the scenes leading up to his transformation totally made me think of Hypergalactic Gurren Lagann (yes I englished the prefix, yes I became That Guy and made the Gurren Lagann comparison).
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #26
Nocturn
Previously Dead

BEST EPISODES OF ANYTHING EVER,
Old 06-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #27
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

I hope this results in Sari pledging allegiance to Megatron.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #28
Nightshade83

Loved these episodes! I absolutely LOVE the fact there's now finally a female Seeker! I can't wait to learn her name. If a certain about-to-be-slagged VJ hadn't interrupted the ending, maybe I could have seen the credits and found out!

Here's hoping they'll make a toy for her too. Please Hasbro? Pretty please?

I loved hearing Shockwave's deadpan, G1 voice again, and Blurr's. I also loved how most of the major plot points for season "2" were at least mentioned: Wasp, the Seeker clones, Blurr revealing his robotic self.

For next season, I'm hoping to actually see one of those Decepticon uprisings in the rest of the galaxy, and I want to see how the 'Cons deal with Megatron disappearing, again.

Overall, awesome episodes! Perfect, except for YTV cutting off the ending. May they burn in all the flames on the internet for that.
Nightshade83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #29
EnragedCoconut
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
BEST EPISODES OF ANYTHING EVER,
+1

EC
Old 06-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #30
ohnaji
Beasty

I found the previous 3 episodes to be a bit of a debacle so I was fully expecting to hate this finale. Fortunately, Blur was a lot of fun to watch and he proved the Elite Guard is worth a damn. Also Starscream's clones came off really well, so I did enjoy the episode for these elements. However, the lack of a proper build up and sloppy writing overall really dragged things down.
It's a shame John Moschitta Jr., wasn't contracted for more than one episode. Blur's exit really felt contrived and unnecessary along with the two clones. Omega Supreme's appearance surprised me. Ratchet held him in such high regard that it's puzzling that no previous effort was made to revive the old warrior. Allspark fragments and Sari's key made Omega functional, but the Autobots had the entire Allspark at one time. It's kind of illogical to let a powerful ally rest at a bottom of a lake, or in the side of a mountain if the means were there to repair him.
The ending didn't have that great a payoff. The Autobots haven't progressed enough to deal with a Decepticon threat. Even now they seem to just get lucky in there battles. Bulkhead came off looking more like a buffoon for building the space bridge. I was half expecting that he'd somehow sabotage his own efforts, just like Sumdac alluded too, but that went nowhere. BB was absolutely useless. Not only did he lose his Speedster title, but it was revealed he put an innocent bot in the stockade. It's an interesting hubris for this character and I'm hoping the resolve is handled well. I didn't like that Prowl suddenly developed a means to escape from his cuffs. That was a pivotal moment in the battle, and it's tiring that plot devices drive the story forward. I wished Prime was more significant in this episode. He got knocked around way too much.
As a whole, I wasn't too fond of how things ended, but Sari's storyline is just becoming intriguing, and future developments hold promise.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote