Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-02-2019, 03:53 PM   #41
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmasterke View Post
It probably will be much cheaper, just look at how much cheaper all the third party MP scale stuff is compare to the latest official MP's. Especially considering how terrible the qc of the Takara MP's has been lately.
$210-$260 USD depending where you shop
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:50 PM   #42
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
What a completely sane, rational and introspective thing to say, it has no business being on this forum!
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #43
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Rampant consumerism is damaging. Beyond.

Read a great bit the other day about how capitalism and consumerism create and teach a society that spends life saving up and trying to figure out how to acquire things. We end up basing our worth on what we can buy... And connect to things. We need to connect to people.

It's not that I object to a six hundred dollar toy. Pick your poison. If you can afford something, hey, go for it.

It's the method of Hasbro in getting there and seeing the very real, worrying responses of people to the toy. The needs to get it. The anxiety over maybe not. The connection to the thing, especially the "rallying" and "support." Connected to and finding value in the "cause"..it's the need to have the new iPhone first, or always have a new car. No matter how much money people make, everybody seems to be broke because they spend and NEED to spend. It's what our whole consumerist society has shaped.

I live in Alberta. And my compassion to hard working folks who have been out of work because oil prices crashed five years ago. But I swear to Christ people in this province spend beyond their means no matter how much they make. It's not isolated to Alberta, of course not. But it's also disturbing and depressing to see how many folks make or made piles of money and they're as broke ass as I am.

Shrug. Agree to disagree. I hope if you are a person who finds their happiness and identity is based in things, you may reflect on that at some point. Many fans demonstrate signs of addiction or unhealthy compulsion in their toy hobbies. We can enjoy things. Things can be great! But are we defined by those things?

Tldr unicron is gross.
So very poignant and insightful. There is a thin line between happy collector and literal plastic addict.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:24 PM   #44
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Can we get a separate thread for people who want to $#!+ on Unicron?

Getting really tired of this. You don't have to share my opinion but I'd like to enjoy my kool-aid with others who also like kool-aid. Someone mentioned something about beating a dead horse a little while ago and I get it because you keep on posting the same thing. You don't like Unicron. But you don't see me constantly $#!+posting about people who make cringey stop motion with their toys. I think Zeta sucks and I'm really excited for Hasbro's Unicron. GTFO.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:54 PM   #45
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
I think we can all agree that Zeta did a much better job on the backpack.
I get why Hasbro has the backpack since the planet teeth gimmick is built within in it. I wonder if Zetas will have any gimmicks.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:26 PM   #46
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
Can we get a separate thread for people who want to $#!+ on Unicron?

Getting really tired of this. You don't have to share my opinion but I'd like to enjoy my kool-aid with others who also like kool-aid. Someone mentioned something about beating a dead horse a little while ago and I get it because you keep on posting the same thing. You don't like Unicron. ...
I think this is the 'slightly more' positive/supportive thread for the project, perhaps a bump here will help...

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...=76942&page=24
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:56 PM   #47
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

Maybe I cant see it enough... but I actually think Zetas looks better. Especially the backpack.

I could afford it but no place to put it and not spending 1k+ on unicorn. Not worth it to me.

If Zetas is a better size and price I might bite. I'm not huge on him even though I have every version of him still sealed lol.

If I was going to spend 1k ish on a toy I personally would buy the first hot toys hulkbuster. Guaranteed it will be much better quality etc.

I'm glad those of you that blew your wad on this guy will get him but seriously if you thought it wouldnt have got made either way give your head a shake. They dont need to do a kick starter.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #48
Pgianos
Banned

Hasbro has all the leverage and when you have it you use it.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:15 PM   #49
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

It is just a glorified prepaid preorder. Hasbro just want to make exactly the number of preorders they have collected. Zero risk involved. No one wants to flood the market with zillion of these waiting for clearance sales.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:44 PM   #50
TRUCKvsGUN

I find it interesting that some of the same people who complained about the short notice on Unicron are now complaining about the time extension.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote